Three Months Into The F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Months Into The F6B

Three Months Into The F6B

Took delivery of my bike on the 19th of April. Between riding and equipping my bike with aftermarket and "home brewed" accessories it's been a busy and most pleasurable three months. Finally reached the point where my bike is almost at the "peak of perfection" regarding comfort/functional modifications. Completing the mods, IMHO, is as much fun as riding. Thanks to the array/selection of some first class components, the bikes comfort is top notch. The list of what has been acquired is long but worth mentioning. Starting with the Center Stand which is the most oft used and appreciated addition to my Basic Model. Having the bike in a vertical and level position makes modifications/maintenance a breeze. Adding the OEM Tall Windshield, OEM Back Rest, Grip Puppies, 12 Volt Receptacle , Aluminum Go Cruise, Egro II Highway Pegs, Home Brewed Side Stand Pad, Luggage Rack, Passenger Peg Hole Covers, Spare OEM wheel with CT and reusing my "strap on" Cruiser Bag, the bike has taken on a appealing appearance. I have received numerous compliments on the 6. The bike is a rare item where I live, as I have yet to see another F6B at local bike gatherings and 4k miles of riding.

How do you describe a bike like ours? Where do you start? Comfort! Agility! Power! Appearance! Quality OEM Accessories! Fuel Mileage etc. etc. Aside from the "sore issue" of "soft paint" Honda has again produced a remarkable machine which sets a standard hard to match. I would think only those who have previously owned GL1800 Goldwings can make a true comparison. What other bike even comes close?

Time to start racking up the miles and simply enjoy what Honda has offered

Ride Safe

Bob

I certainly agree, what an amazing machine. I wonder what other bag I could use as a backrest. Perhaps Wingstuff could suggest?

Bob that is some list Is there any room left for you?

Paul B........

Bob, I agree with that excellent post, and have gone through the same experiences during the past 3 months, with the only exception being (and you knew this was coming )...that mine now has 12,000 miles on it.

You best stop tinkering, and go outside and ride that puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    I certainly agree, what an amazing machine. I wonder what other bag I could use as a backrest. Perhaps Wingstuff could suggest?
    RoughRider, there is a post somewhere on this forum regarding passenger area BAGS that some of us have used on the new bikes. The one I bought, and LOVE, and it works great as a backrest for me, is the Kuryakyn Gran Tour, from WingStuff.

http://wingstuff.com/products/20913-...?from_search=1

Tire Mileage

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Bob, I agree with that excellent post, and have gone through the same experiences during the past 3 months, with the only exception being (and you knew this was coming )...that mine now has 12,000 miles on it.

You best stop tinkering, and go outside and ride that puppy.
    Miles:

At the rate you accumulate miles I'm looking to you to provide some accurate/informative feedback on tires mileage. With 12k on your OEM Stones I'm curious as to their longevity. Some good "cradle to grave" tire info will benefit everyone

Bob

Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Bob that is some list Is there any room left for you?

Paul B........
    Paul:

With my 6' 2" frame and 32" inseam, my 6 now "fits like a glove"

Bob

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I have had my F6 now for exactly a month today. Unfortunately do to 2 weeks of Thunderstorms, my work schedule, and now an unexpected surgery last week my poor bike has 600 miles on it right now. That would be at least 1500 had I been able to ride when I wanted (needed) too. I have spent more time modding this bike than riding it unfortunately. I can't ride for another 5 weeks now due to recovery time from surgery. I'm really bummed about it but nothing I can do. It's torture to have that fantastic machine sitting in my garage just getting dusty. I have a few more things coming for it over the next couple of weeks to allow me to at least tinker with it some since I can't ride it. I am dying to get back in the saddle!

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    ...Passenger Peg Hole Covers

Bob
    Bob, just read your list of mods (wow!). Can you share where you got the hole covers? I looked online and didn't find any specifically for the GL1800 and wondered if you used the Harley or other ones?
    "If it moves, paint it."

Home Brewed

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    Bob, just read your list of mods (wow!). Can you share where you got the hole covers? I looked online and didn't find any specifically for the GL1800 and wondered if you used the Harley or other ones?
    Elin:

Like several other options on my bike, the Passenger Peg Hole Covers are "Home Brewed"! I'm attaching my original post/thread on the subject. With your demonstrated painting skills I'm positive you could easily concoct your own covers out of some black vinyl cutting board.

Here's the post/thread!

Bob

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...ot-Peg-Removal