Oh boy! Gouges in the Chrome

Thread: Oh boy! Gouges in the Chrome

Oh boy! Gouges in the Chrome

So I am taking off the Honda chrome on the valve covers to install the new Rivco Chrome Aero highway peg and I put on the backer bars and then unwrap the swing out foot
    peg that bolt to the backers. Oh boy! the metal on the front of the swing out pegs is all gouged up and had to be that way before they chrome them. I called Rivco and got a lady and told her I was just pulling her stuff out of the box and the Chrome had gouges in the metal right on the front of each swing out peg and told her I bought them at Value Accessories, she said well you have to call them. I was thinking to myself that this was their product why should I call Value Accessories. So I called them anyway and the lady at Value Accessories told me to call Rivco. I said, she told me to call you. Oh she did the lady said, I will take care of this and call you back. So 10 minutes went by the phone rings and she said there is a new set of swing out pegs for your backer plates coming to you. I thanked her and that was that....

Value Accessories has been VERY good to forum members.
    And? Probably everyone else they deal with too!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Does not get much better than Rick and his staff !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Mine also came that way, there were deep scratches on the curved corners of the valve cover strips, it looked like someone dragged them on asphalt and then chromed over it, I returned it to the online vendor, then I ordered another set from Rivco direct, the replacement had scratches as well.

Don't like big money junk

They want you to pay big money for this stuff but I have always refused to put up with crap when your spending the kind of money they are asking. If you paying for something nice you shouldn't settle for anything less than that. You want your ride to be as nice as it can be and it doesn't get that way if the manufacturing is shoddy. I'm to old to put up with big money garbage. I want it nice and if it isn't I will hound them until they make it nice.

I am at SpyderFest this week in Springfield MO. Rich the owner of Rivco is here also with their trailer. I talked to them a couple of times today.
    I will ask them about the issues with the pegs.
    Evidently someone at Rivco was being lazy today, Teresa took care of it.
    Teresa is actually flying here tonight, can't do one of these shows without her. We will not be available for phone support the next couple of days.
    There are a lot of Spyder's here already. They evidently had 842 pre registered.
    Rick

Sorry to hear of the trouble Watso. Look at it this way, maybe you have your yearly bike trouble out of the way now

Interestingly enough I had the same problem, when I received my Rivco pegs and removed them from the box the leading edge of one of the pegs had some gouges in it. I bought mine from Wingstuff and contacted them and also spoke with Teresa. Teresa asked me to send her some pictures which I did and almost instantly a new peg was on the way and I received it. Great customer service from Teresa and I love the pegs!!
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL

Sorry my fault, I stated I bought my pegs from Wingstuff when I purchased them from Value Accessories. Also great customer service from Value Accessories!!
    Mark A Holmes
    Pace, FL