New Tires and a Puzzling Discovery - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tires and a Puzzling Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Tire pressure is the answer.... let it go a few miles and you are ______! until you get a new set !!! 41-41 is my answer some will vary...I got 20K+ out of the front...proof is in the puddin...

I check it like a freak !!!!!
    No wobble for me, either. Guess I can say thanks to the F6 Forum. Read about tire pressures when I 1st got my 6, upped the pressure from 36 to 41. Have no wobble or cupping. Thanks to all in the Group!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    During the ride to Daytona, we started at -2 degrees in Harrisburg.
    I was at 41/41 for the trip.
    By the time I hit Daytona 5 days (and some hard riding) later, I did not re-check the pressure.
    When I got back to Philly, 2400 miles later, it was 37.
    So, perhaps.....
    I'm in the Pocono's, Madisonville Pa. to be exact! 1830 feet above sea level. Departed Pa. in mid October with temps in the high seventies. Arrived in Florida two days later with temps in the low nineties and not much above sea level and both the front and rear tires were down in pressure approximately 3PSI. Aired them up and only once during my six month stay did I have to add air! IMHO temp and elevation will have a impact on pressure so it would be wise to monitor it regularly/closely

Tire pressure is the answer.... let it go a few miles and you are ______! until you get a new set !!! 41-41 is my answer some will vary...I got 20K+ out of the front...proof is in the puddin...

I check it like a freak !!!!!
    No Steve, I'm religious with tire pressure. That's the puzzle. The front tire didn't appear cupped either. The front tire didn't absolutely have to be changed, I just like em both fresh.

Just glancing over the responses , I know I'm not the only one who has had their F6B have the front end wobble. the topic has been covered pretty thoroughly. The wobble was never something that was intrusive into the ride experience unless you took both hands off the handlebars right at about 40 mph. Now, however, it's not there.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

That must mean you made the right decision Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    That must mean you made the right decision Jimmy
    It was an unexpected surprise. As someone else commented, I'm wondering how well the originals were balanced?

I pulled the weights off my new tires and put in Dyna Beads... on the new front I added Rideon...who knows, really to many variables...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I pulled the weights off my new tires and put in Dyna Beads... on the new front I added Rideon...who knows, really to many variables...
    I've got beads in my Valkyrie. Don't remember the name brand.

I've talked to others with similar experiences so I know I am not the only one. Not a great big deal, but an annoyance for sure.

I've got beads in my Valkyrie. Don't remember the name brand. The only gripe with them is that they required a different type of valve cores to prevent the beads from getting stuck on standard valve cores. That's fine, but they still get stuck often in the special valve stems. It's a crap shoot when you go to check the tire pressure. Quite often I pull the tire pressure gauge away and the valve core is stuck blowing air out the stem. If I don't have an air hose ready the tire will go flat. Usually , when it happens, a quick blast of air from the air hose dislodges whatever in the valve stem and all is well again.

I've talked to others with similar experiences so I know I am not the only one. Not a great big deal, but an annoyance for sure.

So how many miles did you get out of your tires?

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    So how many miles did you get out of your tires?
    That's a disappointing answer. Only 9k, but that's in the neighborhood of what I usually get out of the Avons on the Valkyrie.
    I know others have reported much higher mileage figures, but only thing I can figure is I ride harder. I do keep a tight regiment on tire pressure. My front didn't have to be changed quite yet, but I wanted both tires fresh.