Line 'em up
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Line 'em up

Interesting numbers, never ridden a Victory, but great for them.
    Really expected to see HD or BMW at the top of the list, guess maintenance and repair hurts?
    Looks like HD needs to do some more homework.

shooter
    Thats just it. They don't have to do any homework. They just sell more bikes and merchandize than everyone else.

Of course, to understand the survey one must know the questions and the answer pool from which to select.....

For example,
    "Would you rather ride a Victory motorcycle or get a tooth drilled out?"
    Strongly Agree/Agree/Neutral/Disagree/Strongly Disagree

"Would you support your local American industry by riding a Victory?"

"Would you support overseas foreigners and purchase a cheaper Honda?"

I mean yes, these are extreme, but I can rig a series of questions to prove anyone's point.
    Just tell me who's funding the "study" and for a really great price, I'll rig the questions so the study goes in your favor.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Thats just it. They don't have to do any homework. They just sell more bikes and merchandize than everyone else.
    Yeah, but for how long? If Victory has a few more good quarters of sales and Indian starts selling, HD sales will take a serious hit. Then what happens?
    When was the last time HD released a new product? V-Rod was the last one I can think of. The new entry level one's seem a desperate attempt to get the 1st time rider?
    It's all great for the consumer, love to see what all the competition does in the next year or so, but Polaris seems awfully aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Yeah, but for how long? If Victory has a few more good quarters of sales and Indian starts selling, HD sales will take a serious hit. Then what happens?
    When was the last time HD released a new product? V-Rod was the last one I can think of. The new entry level one's seem a desperate attempt to get the 1st time rider?
    It's all great for the consumer, love to see what all the competition does in the next year or so, but Polaris seems awfully aggressive.
    HD came out with some lower powered models for the kiddie crowd.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the Harley board room... Victory is stealing a lot of their thunder.

How should Harley counter... what's the game plan?

I am sure H.D. is concerned ...but keep in mind they OWN 40% of the market !

Does not matter if you love/hate them...40% apparently love them !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

They've been riding a wave of popularity for a LOOOOONG time; for a while, Harley was THE bike to own and they kinda still are.

I'd sure hate to see things go backwards for them... but you know what they say, sometimes it's healthy for a forest to burn down and re-grow.

I read an article that HD's first quarter sales were down. Will they lower prices? Nope. They're gonna slow production. Yay.