Went "scraping" today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Went "scraping" today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I already scraped dozens of these to dust.
    Attachment 13613

And also my shoes got their marks.
    Attachment 13614

Then i heard about the peg savers in one thread in this board from Dan Peppers. I ordered three pairs of the titanium savers.

They work perfect! What i love about them is that they are more sliding over the ground than the little bolts do with their harsh sound if scraping. They also do make a cool rain of sparkles if you take the turns hard.

Attachment 13615 Attachment 13616
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    I already scraped dozens of these to dust.
    That's a cool tip, I'm going to get some myself, how ya doing over there, Karim?

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    That's a cool tip, I'm going to get some myself, how ya doing over there, Karim?
    You're welcome! Thanks, i'am doing fine over there and i hope you, too! I am often dreaming about riding my F6B in the beautiful United States Such a vast country and you can travel all around with the same kind of money, language and nearly equal standards of living. And all that different kind of places from mountains, deserts, beaches, swamps and giant cities. You got just everything in one country over there. Maybe next year i'll be able to go there with my F6B. Won't have more than two weeks, but i'll do best out of it!

@Steve: Trust me: The F6B lean angle is compared to a "normal" or "sports" bike pretty low. There really isn't anything to fear. If you hear it scratching there is still some more lean angle needed, before you touch with the hard things like the cage around the engine. I would test it on a free space like a big Walmart parking area (after shopping hours of course). Starting with a big circle and taking it more and more narrow till you can hear it. Same thing counter clockwise. Afterwards alternating left and right. And if you feel safe you can try it on the street.
    Within time you are getting a very good feeling how far you can go, before it scratches or when it will scratch.
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Scraping is funny . I did it many times in past . It's challenging and somehow exiting , so is asking for more . After my last Dragon's exercise of ... "riding improvements" , I came back home with scratched r1150 cylinders , damaged jacket and pants . The good news - helmet was untouched .

How hard can you push or lean the F6B? Will it hang in solid when leaning hard and fast?

I always seem to get chicken and feel like it will slip out on me. I always used to scrape my HD Fatboy and I scratch the highway bar on my 81 CB750K. But it feels like it is going to get away from me on the F6B. I push hard but every now and then I feel I am going to far and get scared. This is not good because if you are afraid you can chicken out and wreck because of that.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post

Then i heard about the peg savers in one thread in this board from Dan Peppers. I ordered three pairs of the titanium savers.

They work perfect! What i love about them is that they are more sliding over the ground than the little bolts do with their harsh sound if scraping. They also do make a cool rain of sparkles if you take the turns hard.

Attachment 13615 Attachment 13616
    I use these titanium pucks as well. Big Dawg introduced me to those about a year ago. No doubt they save your pegs and create some really nice fireworks as well. For the aggressive rider bunch these are, IMHO, a must.
    Ken (Hornblower)

So if I am not scraping the bike can usually handle the speed of the curve I am attempting to go through?

There is one thing I saw about the guy catching his foot under the rear crash bar. I only did this once on my initial test ride. I thought that it could rip your foot off if you caught it wrong. I was turning left from a stop sign and the bike wobbled a little so I put my foot out like a dirt bike to correct the wobble and caught my foot.

It is very important that people are aware of this. I almost forgot about this, but it nearly prevented me from buying the bike. Then I thought about how great the bike is and never looked back again.

Steve