Just curious.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just curious....

How can anyone blame Honda?
    After all no one was dragging us into the dealerships to buy the non ABS/reverse,non cruise models.
    I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    After all no one was dragging us into the dealerships to buy the non ABS/reverse,non cruise models.
    I don't get it.
    Blame Honda??? Blame Honda for what??? Asking "Why?" is not tantamount to blaming.

If you've been on the board for a while, you''ve seen this question come up. We all willingly made our purchase of this great machine. We then find that the manufacturer of this great machine sold us a stripped down version, while selling a loaded version in other territories for a similar price. Are they free to do this? ABSOLUTELY! Likewise, we are free to question the decision.

Add to this that we aren't even allowed to buy the OEM options that are given as standard in other territories, realizing that there is obviously not a technical/mechanical reason for these functions not being standard/available as options in the US.

Maybe you couldn't care less, but the fact that this has come up several times shows that some of us do. If no one bothers to ask, then nothing will ever change. I for one would have loved to have gotten the Aussie configuration, and I'd like to know why this wasn't an option for U.S. buyers. Maybe there is a great reason that we all would agree with (doubt it), but I would like to know. No blaming here. Just curious.

F6B lives matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I don't get it.
    I don't either.

I guess some of you are missing my point.
    We as those who bought the F6Bs without these features are part of the reason why.
    It is dollars and cents for Honda.
    As long as people like us are willing to buy these bikes without them,why go through the extra expense to do so?

I would love to see the sales numbers in both places. My thoughts are they are close after being adjusted for population. I would really like to see the average profit per bike in both places. I wonder if shipping and government bribes, taxes, etc. have an effect on the decision?

bigswole,
    your correct it has come up a lot.
    You are saying that some of you care about it more than I.
    I find that statement interesting considering that at the time of your purchase you yourself did not care enough about it not to buy one.

The funny thing is, to me, the decisions made in the product conceptualization stage of the F6B. We should all know by now that big corporate products are not brought to market on a whim, nor without a full understanding of the market including the competitive landscape.

The F6B is a direct attempt to capture folks in the bagger crowd, a crowd dominated by Harley. Honda knows full well (or they should've known!) the feature set of Harley baggers which include ABS and cruise. For Honda to try to pull buyers away from the competition... and then release a bike with lesser features is the mind blowing part that I don't get.

IMO, the lack of features is nothing more than product positioning relative to the full Goldwing. I also agree that these feature will EVENTUALLY make it onto the F6B.

Marketing 101.Plain and simple. Always leave the customer wanting more. Then sell it to them a few model years down the road.

bigswole,
    your correct it has come up a lot.
    You are saying that some of you care about it more than I.
    I find that statement interesting considering that at the time of your purchase you yourself did not care enough about it not to buy one.
    I don't think you understand... and I thinnk you also missed the part about the HDF in the original post.

I, like many others who have voiced this question, walked into a dealership and checked out what was on offer. I went online to look at the specs and options that were available. I liked the look and engine pedigree, so I made a purchase.

Here's the thing: I, and many other people on this forum, had no knowledge that we were getting less than other markets until after the purchase was already made. When you pull up Honda's website, you only get what's available in your country. Only forums like this one and foreign-made Youtube videos clued us in to the fact that things were not being made available to us.

Armed with this new-found knowledge, SOMEof us wonder why Honda would do this. You offer a "Why wouldn't they..." Fair enough. Perhaps it IS simple greed and abuse of the "wealthy American customers". Maybe the Honda USA Execs say, "All of the parts and options that other countries get are machined, engineered and ready to go, BUT we'll hold off giving them to OUR customers and add them in as a brand new features every few years with a slight price hike." Perhaps you're correct. Some of us would like to know. Call us .... CURIOUS.

And for the record...
    • We still ride and enjoy our F6Bs
    • We don't have buyer's remorse
    • We don't have time machines. (well, I know that I don't at least.)
    • We liked our F6Bs enough to purchase them in the face of the U.S.-available offerings from competitors
    • We're not about to storm the gates of Honda and demand retrofits or refunds

So, as the thread title indicates... I'm just curious.