Just curious.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just curious....

Apparently it has to do with what standard features the regional distributors request from Honda Japan.
    If Honda Europe requests ABS and reverse on their F6B's, that's what they get.
    For a price, of course.
    Don't feel that Honda USA is ripping you off.
    You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    The funny thing is, to me, the decisions made in the product conceptualization stage of the F6B. We should all know by now that big corporate products are not brought to market on a whim, nor without a full understanding of the market including the competitive landscape.

The F6B is a direct attempt to capture folks in the bagger crowd, a crowd dominated by Harley. Honda knows full well (or they should've known!) the feature set of Harley baggers which include ABS and cruise. For Honda to try to pull buyers away from the competition... and then release a bike with lesser features is the mind blowing part that I don't get.

IMO, the lack of features is nothing more than product positioning relative to the full Goldwing. I also agree that these feature will EVENTUALLY make it onto the F6B.

I suspect that you are right... Makes no sense when you consider HD, Victory, and others, but all things considered, your last statement about "positioning relative to the full Goldwing" seems to fit what we see, because they surely made no attempt to match the competition's standard feature-set/available options. Lucky for Honda the F6B is such a looker and rides so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Marketing 101.Plain and simple. Always leave the customer wanting more. Then sell it to them a few model years down the road.
    Primo very true, my Daddy a former owner of several car dealers told me "(NEVER EVER BUY A VEHICLE ON ITS FIRST PRODUCTION YEARS)"
    Because they always tend to have a few faults and later models will get better. I guess I didn't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE View Post
    Primo very true, my Daddy a former owner of several car dealers told me "(NEVER EVER BUY A VEHICLE ON ITS FIRST PRODUCTION YEARS)"
    Because they always tend to have a few faults and later models will get better. I guess I didn't listen.
    What "faults" ?

You guys want some "cheese with your whine"...C'mon man as they say, enjoy what you have and be happy...We are so fortunate to enjoy and have what we do in the USA and ride the bike we choose...If your un-happy with Honda don't buy another....Nothing is perfect in this old world.....Ride safe....

2016s - ABS

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a 2015 (gotta have that cruise) but I hear about the Canadians and Europeans getting ABS and reverse as well as the cruise with current models. I can live without the reverse but the added safety factor of ABS is something I'd really like to have! Anybody have any info on what we might find on our US F6Bs in 2016?

shooter
    OK , I'm not trying to down anyone. I just don't get the whole abs thing. This bike has the best brakes I've ever seen on a bike. Personally I think abs is for people that don't know how to drive/ride. Again I mean no disrespect. Reverse??. 57 years old. Never had it. Figure I don't need it. And mist of us didn't pay $20,000 for the bike. I paid $16,995 out the door. No way I'm trading for abs and reverse. I have a good bike. Runs great , handles great. I'm not giving up the option that may not fit or work on a new model and not spending the time to change them. I knew what I was getting when I bought it. It was acceptable at the time and is now. Just my 2cents.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    You guys want some "cheese with your whine"...C'mon man as they say, enjoy what you have and be happy...We are so fortunately to enjoy and have what we do in the USA and ride the bike we choose...If your un-happy with Honda don't buy another....Nothing is perfect in this old world.....Ride safe....
    You're the MAN Opas.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by USMARINE View Post
    What faults are you talking about Marine? That little shield. If you're 5 ft. tall its perfect. Other than that , I see no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    You guys want some "cheese with your whine"...C'mon man as they say, enjoy what you have and be happy...We are so fortunate to enjoy and have what we do in the USA and ride the bike we choose...If your un-happy with Honda don't buy another....Nothing is perfect in this old world.....Ride safe....
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    OK , I'm not trying to down anyone. I just don't get the whole abs thing. This bike has the best brakes I've ever seen on a bike. Personally I think abs is for people that don't know how to drive/ride. Again I mean no disrespect. Reverse??. 57 years old. Never had it. Figure I don't need it. And mist of us didn't pay $20,000 for the bike. I paid $16,995 out the door. No way I'm trading for abs and reverse. I have a good bike. Runs great , handles great. I'm not giving up the option that may not fit or work on a new model and not spending the time to change them. I knew what I was getting when I bought it. It was acceptable at the time and is now. Just my 2cents.
    +2

Agree 100% but this is still an interesting topic to discuss. Shooter, I also agree about the ABS thing.

If you're in a panic braking situation where a real threat exists of the front tire breaking loose and the bike going down, I'm sorry to inform everyone, ABS is not gonna save you.