Just curious.... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Just curious....

I agree with Shooter ... how did we live so long w/o ABS....just sayin....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

We can all agree the F6B is not a "new" model but a version, stripped down, of a 40 year old model, 37 at the time of the release. What doesn't make sense to me is you had a bike with cruise, you downward engineer it to release the bike without it, charge $1000 more for a Deluxe with a couple of goodies, one not being cruise, when the most important goodie for a touring bike is cruise not a centerstand, heated grips or a backrest. The technology was there already so you eliminate it only to reintroduce 2 models later c'mon, bad enough you put the umbrella up my ass, don't open it. When I was being cooked alive by my Road Glide and rode into the Honda Dealer there weren't many choices so cruise was the least of my problems, as long as it was liquid-cooled was all I cared about. BTW I am completely satisfied with the F6B, the bike, as usual it's manufacturer, like Harley, that I'm ranting about. The Kaoko cured the cruise problem and now it's almost perfect, once the Russell Day-Long goes on THEN it'll be perfect.

I'm in agreement with a few in this conversation in that I dont care that my bike came with no reverse,or cruise,or ABS. Let me put it another way,I wouldn't have cared if it didnt have a radio. I like the short shield as one of my pleasures of riding is the wind. The only thing I would do to the shorty windshield is tint it.
    I wanted the dependability of a Gold Wing drive train,I got excellent handling which is a deal breaker if it didnt and the thing is STILL the sexiest bike on the road.
    I have done a 1000 mile day,run state to state and found my "little morning rides" have now become much longer in distance and time.I've made the mistake of parking downhill (twice) and wont do that again but I got it out,ridden in cold and rain,been able to stop,swerve or slow it down in a couple of panic situations.
    In short Boyz,I paid my dime and still think it was money well spent.
    About the radio,I have fallen in love with it and the iPOD connection so I take that back
    Oh,did I mention I LOVE this bike ?