Preparing for Yellowstone trip.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for Yellowstone trip.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Make lodging arrangements early and prepare to be baptised at least once a day.
    Good that your trip is in June as a snow machine is the best way around that country in May.
    Have good rain gear at the ready. Beartooth is a must and Sunlight basin too Cody is great but can be very windy. Avoid night riding as the deer, elk, antelope, ect move and feed at night.
    Enjoy
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Make lodging arrangements early and prepare to be baptised at least once a day.
    Good that your trip is in June as a snow machine is the best way around that country in May.
    Have good rain gear at the ready. Beartooth is a must and Sunlight basin too Cody is great but can be very windy. Avoid night riding as the deer, elk, antelope, ect move and feed at night.
    Enjoy
    Jim
    Lodging has been booked for a couple of months now. I don't ride after dusk in Sconnie, deer have gotten to many people I know.

Trailer Bearings

Just to be on the safe side I would pack an extra set of bearings for the wheels on your Bushtec. I have a Bushtec and haven't had a problem but all of my riding buddies (who also have Bustec) tell me to pack an extra set of bearings. You never know and I'm the last guy that wants to be stranded on the side of the road out in the middle of nowhere because of a wheel bearing.

Just a suggestion......Have a great trip..........

Ride Safe but Often!!

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    Just to be on the safe side I would pack an extra set of bearings for the wheels on your Bushtec. I have a Bushtec and haven't had a problem but all of my riding buddies (who also have Bustec) tell me to pack an extra set of bearings. You never know and I'm the last guy that wants to be stranded on the side of the road out in the middle of nowhere because of a wheel bearing.

Just a suggestion......Have a great trip..........

Ride Safe but Often!!
    Great idea, goes on the list !!

Bearing Buddies - greasable bearing covers and a small grease gun.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Bearing Buddies - greasable bearing covers and a small grease gun.

Checked bearings on Bushtecs web site 25.00 for (2) bearings, enough for (1) wheel, $20.00 shipping, will call tomorrow.

don't do what I did

About 8yrs ago, riding in Yellowstone, lost track of time while being a dumb tourist. About 5pm, I realized I had better find someplace to stay. Sorry, the 2 Historic hotels were full, so I got a campsite. At 8000 ft above sea level, gets very cold fast, even in August. Frost on the windshield in the morn. I had no tent, just a 6x6 tarp tied off the side of he cycle. No sleeping bag, either. just put on all the clothes I had and froze my tail all nite. Happy to see the sun come up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    About 8yrs ago, riding in Yellowstone, lost track of time while being a dumb tourist. About 5pm, I realized I had better find someplace to stay. Sorry, the 2 Historic hotels were full, so I got a campsite. At 8000 ft above sea level, gets very cold fast, even in August. Frost on the windshield in the morn. I had no tent, just a 6x6 tarp tied off the side of he cycle. No sleeping bag, either. just put on all the clothes I had and froze my tail all nite. Happy to see the sun come up in the morning.
    You don't want to "rough" it like that to many nights.

For sure!

Was not a fun nite. Rangers came thru about 2am, woke everyone to notify us that a bear was in the area. Told everyone to lock all food in vehicles, or hang it from the trees. I had no food, just a couple empty beer cans I drank before I went to sleep. Lots of shivering that nite!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Been there done that, very similar story on my way to Alaska so wont go into it. When it goes into the 20's you want more than a tarp and a lite blanket!!!