Preparing for Yellowstone trip. - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for Yellowstone trip.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    These "big fury creatures" you speak of, I am told their are no Saskatch west of the S Dakota/Minn border, and their vegetarians and docile.
    Not the ones with the big long teeth and claws, they show up silently and trash everything in sight when they smell food. They have ripped doors right off of cars to get to the snack that people have left inside. I don't think an F6B would fare very well to that kind of onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Not the ones with the big long teeth and claws, they show up silently and trash everything in sight when they smell food. They have ripped doors right off of cars to get to the snack that people have left inside. I don't think an F6B would fare very well to that kind of onslaught.
    I am glad we will not be roughing it, but good advice, I will not leave any food stuffs in my bike or trailer. Thanks

hey choptop....while in Cody or West Yellowstone....make sure you all do the Beartooth Pass Highway from Red Lodge MT to Cooke City MT....both ways....NO other 65 miles (one way) in the U.S like it.....yes:

also ride the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway between Cody and Cooke City MT....amazing scenery

Shaker

Make lodging arrangements early and prepare to be baptised at least once a day.
    Good that your trip is in June as a snow machine is the best way around that country in May.
    Have good rain gear at the ready. Beartooth is a must and Sunlight basin too Cody is great but can be very windy. Avoid night riding as the deer, elk, antelope, ect move and feed at night.
    Enjoy
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by sshake1905 View Post
    hey choptop....while in Cody or West Yellowstone....make sure you all do the Beartooth Pass Highway from Red Lodge MT to Cooke City MT....both ways....NO other 65 miles (one way) in the U.S like it.....yes:

also ride the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway between Cody and Cooke City MT....amazing scenery

Shaker
    Our ride master/planner is a riding fool, if it's their and he wants ti ride it, we'll ride it. He is cramming as much has he can and still allow for some good clean party time. I am just along for the ride on this one.
    All of the people on this trip are members of our riding club, they love to ride, he loves to plan and lead the rides, did 325 yesterday w/them, sore as sht after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Make lodging arrangements early and prepare to be baptised at least once a day.
    Good that your trip is in June as a snow machine is the best way around that country in May.
    Have good rain gear at the ready. Beartooth is a must and Sunlight basin too Cody is great but can be very windy. Avoid night riding as the deer, elk, antelope, ect move and feed at night.
    Enjoy
    Jim
    Lodging has been booked for a couple of months now. I don't ride after dusk in Sconnie, deer have gotten to many people I know.

Trailer Bearings

Just to be on the safe side I would pack an extra set of bearings for the wheels on your Bushtec. I have a Bushtec and haven't had a problem but all of my riding buddies (who also have Bustec) tell me to pack an extra set of bearings. You never know and I'm the last guy that wants to be stranded on the side of the road out in the middle of nowhere because of a wheel bearing.

Just a suggestion......Have a great trip..........

Ride Safe but Often!!

I would take the tools necessary to remove the trailer tire and have a extra tube or two... Did you buy trailer insurance from your car/bike insurance company??? Cheap!!! About $50 a year!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I would take the tools necessary to remove the trailer tire and have a extra tube or two... Did you buy trailer insurance from your car/bike insurance company??? Cheap!!! About $50 a year!
    W/American family it is a no charge accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by BACA View Post
    Just to be on the safe side I would pack an extra set of bearings for the wheels on your Bushtec. I have a Bushtec and haven't had a problem but all of my riding buddies (who also have Bustec) tell me to pack an extra set of bearings. You never know and I'm the last guy that wants to be stranded on the side of the road out in the middle of nowhere because of a wheel bearing.

Just a suggestion......Have a great trip..........

Ride Safe but Often!!
    Great idea, goes on the list !!