Preparing for Yellowstone trip. - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preparing for Yellowstone trip.

Tomorrow I get my front Metzler 888 and my rear Darkside tire on.
    A copy of our ride itinerary that the ride leader gave us this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Tomorrow I get my front Metzler 888 and my rear Darkside tire on.
    A copy of our ride itinerary that the ride leader gave us this weekend.
    It's a nice schedule, and a nice plan. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for your group. If I'm on the road that long, I usually have "do nothing day", which could cover rain, etc. Then I may find a laundro mat, that way I don't need to haul so many cloths. Some of those roads might not sound very appealing, if you get bad weather, so be flexible, and have fun!

[QUOTE=jm21ddd15;85328]It's a nice schedule, and a nice plan. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for your group. If I'm on the road that long, I usually have "do nothing day", which could cover rain, etc. Then I may find a laundro mat, that way I don't need to haul so many cloths. Some of those roads might not sound very appealing, if you get bad weather, so be flexible, and have fun! [/QUOTE

Our ride leader is a riding machine, me , not so much, especially w/dealing w/a sciatic nerve issue for the past (3) weeks, I plan days off to screw off.

[QUOTE=choptop;85330]
    Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    It's a nice schedule, and a nice plan. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for your group. If I'm on the road that long, I usually have "do nothing day", which could cover rain, etc. Then I may find a laundro mat, that way I don't need to haul so many cloths. Some of those roads might not sound very appealing, if you get bad weather, so be flexible, and have fun! [/QUOTE

Our ride leader is a riding machine, me , not so much, especially w/dealing w/a sciatic nerve issue for the past (3) weeks, I plan days off to screw off.
    Good Idea with the days off. There's tons of stuff to see on a trip like yours, and sometimes you just gotta stop and check things out. Enjoy it!

Vacation camera

Looking at the new Gopro Silver 4, for my Yellowstone trip, supposed to be more user friendly and is the only one of the Gopros that has a screen that allows you to see what you are shooting at, any input. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Looking at the new Gopro Silver 4, for my Yellowstone trip, supposed to be more user friendly and is the only one of the Gopros that has a screen that allows you to see what you are shooting at, any input. Thanks in advance.
    Having a screen to let you see what you are recording is fine, for "non-motorcycle" time.

While riding the bike? You will not be staring at that screen, I hope....
    Maybe save a few bucks..... My $0.02.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Having a screen to let you see what you are recording is fine, for "non-motorcycle" time.

While riding the bike? You will not be staring at that screen, I hope....
    Maybe save a few bucks..... My $0.02.
    No but when I mount it for riding I can see what direction and what the camera will be shooting, a few degrees off, in guessing were to point it can make the difference between good vacation photo's/movies or bad.

Waking up at Bob's Resort in Gettysburg SD. Darkseid tire @ 43# feels great, Bushtech trailers well @ north of 80 mph, 212 out of Twin Cities to SD is long and curveless, must be like Florida.lol
    F6b does not run well on farm/recreational grade diesel but if you drain it out,fill it up w/ 91 it will barely idle for a minute then run like a champ when the 91 hits the lines,don't ax me how I know this.
    Mistakes were made! Bseg

470 miles yesterday, 300 today, just checked into Keystone Boardwalk for 3 nights. Bike running good, weather great, face and arms burnt beyond repair. lol

pics to follow.

Awesome!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce