Butt pads? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Butt pads?

+1 on the Airhawk!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

All day comfort, is about taking the pressure off of certain points of your posterior, at different intervals. That's why I have 3 options. I usually change up at gas stops. My key to long distance riding, is consistency. I seldom go longer than 120 miles between gas/bathroom stops, and I don't spend longer than 10 minutes at each stop. I also spend that time hydrating and stretching, then it's back on the bike. YMMV, this is only my routine, and the reason I usually ride by myself.

You may want to look at But Buffer it is amazing pad, never bought one but one year at Wing Ding
    the But Buffer people had me sat on a seat with 2 half inch bolts and a ring of key between the seat and
    the pad you could not fill any of that threw the pad.

I have a short hair sheep skin. I had on my Valkryie. Just back from a trip. My travel days 3, 791 miles, 655 miles, 683 miles. We also put 1200+ miles on over 5 days of day rides.

I just ordered mine, finally. I've been thinking about it for two years now. I will report back when I try it out.

Full Pelt with Straps Sheepskin Buttpad - Black Sheared / No Driver Cutouts

Sheepskin of your choice.....many of the suppliers have shaped sheepskin pads now with a gripping material on the back. I have an old one I used on the 88 Heritage for years.....use it on my Ford farm tractor in the winter and will use it from time to time on the F6B for really long day runs.

"my sheepskin storey goes like this.....was doing a return trip across the USA on the Heritage one summer just using the stock leather seat.....after about five or six days on the road I started to develop a bad case of monkey butt....going through the Dakotas we stopped at Sturgis and I happened across the sheepskin mentioned above at one of the vendors displays. Not only did I immediately feel more comfortable sitting on the sheepskin but over the next two or three days the monkey butt healed up.......not hi tech but highly effective.

My .02

tink

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    Sheepskin of your choice.....many of the suppliers have shaped sheepskin pads now with a gripping material on the back. I have an old one I used on the 88 Heritage for years.....use it on my Ford farm tractor in the winter and will use it from time to time on the F6B for really long day runs.

"my sheepskin storey goes like this.....was doing a return trip across the USA on the Heritage one summer just using the stock leather seat.....after about five or six days on the road I started to develop a bad case of monkey butt....going through the Dakotas we stopped at Sturgis and I happened across the sheepskin mentioned above at one of the vendors displays. Not only did I immediately feel more comfortable sitting on the sheepskin but over the next two or three days the monkey butt healed up.......not hi tech but highly effective.

My .02

tink
    I had a two piece set on my old Street Glide and used the driver piece the first summer I had the F6B. (2013). I ended up selling the set to a buddy with an Ultra. I suffered all last summer but not this year. I'm going to try out the full pelt so it covers the entire seat. I can't wait!

I saw at one of the largest gold wing dealers for sales (Niehaus Cycle Litchfield,Il) they had full pelts on their trikes and several wings.
    I did not check the price.
    I need so many other things first.
    I am using the bead rider until I get my other goodies bought.

I used a Harley Davidson mesh pad and it worked great on the Harley.
    I have not needed it yet on the F6B (we are not sitting on the oil tank or head of the engine)
    Also the F6B is water cooled.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I used a Harley Davidson mesh pad and it worked great on the Harley.
    I have not needed it yet on the F6B (we are not sitting on the oil tank or head of the engine)
    Also the F6B is water cooled.

Steve
    Mine is also an HD mesh pad. I heated up a piece of metal and x'ed out the HD. Really helps when temps go above 90, and I use it also to change pressure points on the old wazoo. The backrest matching mesh keeps me from having a round sweat spot on my back.