New Hambly Badges on the way. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hambly Badges on the way.

very nice !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Is this a Standard Goldwing that you converted to a F6B ?

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Hard to tell with out seeing the whole bike Nice color and the badges sure do look nice.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    It is a standard Goldwing, been hanging around here since I found a set of F6B tips for sale, glad I did, because I would not have found Neil and his badges.
    Steve K
    M61A1MECH
    Doctor Goldwing, has the antidote for the blues
    And the Lord said " Thou shalt have dominion over all the animals, except of course the cat."

Would someone please define Gold Wing. My F6B has a "Gold Wing" label on it right out of the factory. My neighbor's GL1800 has a "Gold Wing" label on it right out of the factory. Would the real "Gold Wing" please stand up?

Side bar: "The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Would someone please define Gold Wing. My F6B has a "Gold Wing" label on it right out of the factory. My neighbor's GL1800 has a "Gold Wing" label on it right out of the factory. Would the real "Gold Wing" please stand up?
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    Attachment 13845

2013 F6B Goldwing
    goldwing13_2.jpg

Just my opinion, Goldwing is the platform and be it the GL1800 model or F6B model they are still one hell of a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    Attachment 13845

2013 F6B Goldwing
    Attachment 13846

2014 F6C Goldwing
    Attachment 13847

Just my opinion, Goldwing is the platform and be it the GL1800 model or F6B or F6C model they are still one hell of a motorcycle.
    There, I fixed it for ya!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

The first Gold Wing to hit the pavement in 1974 had a flat, boxer, opposed engine with shaft drive. It was a bare bones street machine. It did however launch the "Gold Wing" farkel movement. The Gold Wing produced yesterday had a flat, boxer, opposed engine with six cylinders and a shaft drive, to support and move the weight of the farkels at a brisk pace. Not being a mechanical engineer I can only surmise that the movement of the pistons in relation to the frame is the reason for the smoothness of the entire operation. Lately I have observed a large clamoring for a redesign of this aging system. None have suggested how to go about coming up with a better operating system. Electric engines are smooth but very limited at this time. This is just my opinion and not an attempt to hijack the original post.

Attachment 13848

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    There, I fixed it for ya!

74 or 75?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    The first Gold Wing to hit the pavement in 1974 had a flat, boxer, opposed engine with shaft drive. It was a bare bones street machine. It did however launch the "Gold Wing" farkel movement. The Gold Wing produced yesterday had a flat, boxer, opposed engine with six cylinders and a shaft drive, to support and move the weight of the farkels at a brisk pace. Not being a mechanical engineer I can only surmise that the movement of the pistons in relation to the frame is the reason for the smoothness of the entire operation. Lately I have observed a large clamoring for a redesign of this aging system. None have suggested how to go about coming up with a better operating system. Electric engines are smooth but very limited at this time. This is just my opinion and not an attempt to hijack the original post.

Attachment 13848
    I bought a new 1975 Gold Wing in 75, and was under the impression that was year #1. Now, in 2015, we have the 40th anny model. Makes sense, 1975-2015, but I have been wrong before.