How do you drive the speed limit on a F6B
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you drive the speed limit on a F6B

How do you drive the speed limit on a F6B

I normally have very little traffic and have to go the speed limit on my 45 mile commute to work at 5:00am. It kills me to hold it at 70mph which is the highest speed I can get away with without getting a ticket.

This morning was absolutely perfect weather to ride and I was a running a few minutes late so there were more cars on the road. More cars allows me to ride harder and at a much higher speed. I left a lead car out drawing cops in the left lane and stayed to the right and zoomed around cars as needed. There are four lanes across so I was continuously flipping around the cars to stay in stealth mode in the right hand lane.

I was in the zone, had the tunes blasting and was singing all the way to work. You have to concentrate so you don't loose your lead car (rabbit) or you will get a ticket. One lapse of concentration and you are the lead or cop bait.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I normally have very little traffic and have to go the speed limit on my 45 mile commute to work at 5:00am. It kills me to hold it at 70mph which is the highest speed I can get away with without getting a ticket.

This morning was absolutely perfect weather to ride and I was a running a few minutes late so there were more cars on the road. More cars allows me to ride harder and at a much higher speed. I left a lead car out drawing cops in the left lane and stayed to the right and zoomed around cars as needed. There are four lanes across so I was continuously flipping around the cars to stay in stealth mode in the right hand lane.

I was in the zone, had the tunes blasting and was singing all the way to work. You have to concentrate so you don't loose your lead car (rabbit) or you will get a ticket. One lapse of concentration and you are the lead or cop bait.

Steve
    Drive it Backwards

I've found myself over the limit quite a bit since owning this bike. 40 something years without a speeding ticket so I better watch myself more closely.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I'm trying to find enough open road to see what the top speed is. I certainly can't afford a ticket for reckless driving but I just gotta know what this thing tops out at. I only need to see it once.....
    The force is strong in this one.....

Top Speed equals 124-125 mph. Computer cutout kicks in there. Not saying I went that fast Mr PO PO.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

shooter
    In order for that to be an official disclaimer you have to call it. Although I have never been that fast I have heard that they will do it. I never exceed the speed limits. Promise

The automatic speed limiter is disappointing, in that the bike clearly feels capable of doing more, and doing it rather comfortably, when you get up to the cutout level.
    I don't know why our F6Bs hit the automatic cutout at lower speeds than sport bikes - the F6Bs handle very well at the cutout speed level.
    Umm, at least that's what I hear...

Just because you have a "lead car" doesn't mean you wont be the one stopped.
    Depends on the officer and his choice.

Yes, I know!!!

I probably was not very smart this morning and my lead car was an ambulance for a short time.
    I was just having fun / my new definition of the word fun is F6B.

I think that is what sets it apart from the others, it is really just the most fun bike I have ridden.
    Steve

Slow down and smell the roses.
    I guess for me getting a little older (and smarter, I guess), and having motorcycled for over 57 years has slowed me down.
    Back when 55 was the limit I was doing 85 and 90 on Kawa Voyager 1300's.
    One time I almost lost my job over too many tickets.
    Motorcycled all but 3 states in the US hurriedly and now just trying to remember what I saw at speed.
    Now, I slow down and smell the roses. Memory coming back too.