WIP Harley King Tour Pak Install - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WIP Harley King Tour Pak Install

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Here is the gap on the side of the armrests (without any modifications):
    Here is a side view of the install:
    The trunk can be lowered another 1/4" before touching the back of the seat.
    Lookin' good! I wouldn't let it touch the seat. Mine is also about a 1/4" above it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Here is the gap on the side of the armrests (without any modifications):

Here is how you can pull the latch apart / defeat the latch:

Here is a side view of the install:

The trunk can be lowered another 1/4" before touching the back of the seat.
    Thanks for that!

Lumbar Pad Update

I took my wife for a test ride and she said the tour pak backrest was not as comfortable as the former Vision's backrest.

I had a used Utopia backrest laying around and took the pad off of the stalk. I turned the pad upside down so the wide part was on top and the narrower part was on the bottom. I inserted this on the front of the base of the tour pak (and below the tour pak's backrest) as a lumbar support and took the wifey for another test ride. With this mod, she said it was as comfortable as the Vision's backrest and was surprised it worked as well as it did. Happy wife, happy life.

It is a little tall (because it is wedged into the seat for the test), so I will trim about an 1" from the bottom and then bolt it into the base of the tour pak using the same bolts used to bolt it into the original stalk. Once the lid is closed, the upper and lower pads are contiguous.

Next will be to add running, turn, hazard and brake lights and maybe speaker pods.

Attachment 13857

Like to order one,matt grey(2015) color

Quote Originally Posted by sksfox View Post
    I am manufacturing a custom tour pack.
    After seeing the one u put on some time back I decided to make my owm.
    Using pretty much the same mounting as mentioned in this post, the sandwich method.
    Prices range from $500.00 to $ 1000.00 dependig on paint, back rest,liner,latches hinges,and mounting hardware.
    Would love to order one,you could contact me via email at paulsperling123@yahoo.com with your contact info thank you

The work is superb.
    No doubt about that.
    I just don't understand why people do this to a F6B.
    If all you guys want tour packs on these,why didn't you just buy a Gold Wing?
    The uniqueness of this motorcycle is that it doesn't have all the extra stuff a Wing has.
    Sort of defeats the purpose of a F6B doesn't it?

Go ahead.
    Start attacking.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    The work is superb.
    No doubt about that.
    The uniqueness of this motorcycle is that it doesn't have all the extra stuff a Wing has.

Go ahead.
    Start attacking.

Doug
    +1 I was thinking the same thing. I guess they can attack me too.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    The work is superb.
    No doubt about that.

Go ahead.
    Start attacking.

Doug

Don't think anyone will attack....but most/all of us have passengers at one time or other...it's nice to have them along and they need a place for their stuff and want to feel safe while riding...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Exactly what Steve said. Just THINK about it for a moment and the reason is crystal.

Why do people buy the F6 instead of the full Wing? For exactly the same reasons you did; preferred styling, preferred dynamics, lower price, etc.

However, make no bones about it fella's; this is STILL a fully capable long distance bike. For those times that you want to burn 1,000 miles, it's entirely sensible and feasible to want a trunk. Why would you NOT want one for the long trips and then detach it when back in town and have the sportiness back. Does this somehow change the reasons why you wanted the 6... of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Exactly what Steve said. Just THINK about it for a moment and the reason is crystal.

Why do people buy the F6 instead of the full Wing? For exactly the same reasons you did; preferred styling, preferred dynamics, lower price, etc.

However, make no bones about it fella's; this is STILL a fully capable long distance bike. For those times that you want to burn 1,000 miles, it's entirely sensible and feasible to want a trunk. Why would you NOT want one for the long trips and then detach it when back in town and have the sportiness back. Does this somehow change the reasons why you wanted the 6... of course not.
    100% TOTALLY Disagree.
    I can burn up 1,000 miles without a trunk even with a passenger.
    I don't want a trunk..EVER.
    Again, this is another example of accessorizing a F6B to the point that it is no different than a standard Gold Wing.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post

Couldn't of said it better.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]