hiflyer and OKC F6B riders...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hiflyer and OKC F6B riders......

Very cool. I visit OKC, well did visit very regularly, at the FAA Academy over by Will Rogers. I have seen some mega storms there and had a few twisters come by and make visits. People say we have our hurricanes here on the Gulf coast and others have their earthquakes. Nothing compares to the unending threat from tornados that you folks have. Be safe friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Very cool. I visit OKC, well did visit very regularly, at the FAA Academy over by Will Rogers. I have seen some mega storms there and had a few twisters come by and make visits. People say we have our hurricanes here on the Gulf coast and others have their earthquakes. Nothing compares to the unending threat from tornados that you folks have. Be safe friends.
    Thanks. We have also become the hot bed for earthquakes, 1800 in the past year, 2 today.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Thanks. We have also become the hot bed for earthquakes, 1800 in the past year, 2 today.
    From fracking?

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Saturday is supposed to be worse. I have a shelter in my garage,( which is how I change rear tires). We will be safe there, but you have to notify the fire dept. it's there so they can come dig you out if the house comes down on top of it.
    Nice shelter flyer. Really nice that it works on the rear tire. I let mine hang off the rear of my rack. 10 minute job with the center stand.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    From fracking?
    No not from fracing, the geology of Oklahoma is rather complex as it relates to faulting. The probable culprit is salt water disposal. With the advent of horizontal drilling, these wells produce "a bunch" of salt water in combination with oil and gas. One local company is disposing of 1 million barrels a day ( a barrel equals 42 gals.) into deep formations, and there are others as well. There is no other way to dispose of this produced water. The pressure change and lubrication of the fault structure is causing a slip along the fault. I do believe that they are going to limit which formations can be injected into. Imagine if you will, that when you drill a vertical well, you may be limited to a productive formation of 10 to say, a couple of hundred feet. When you have a horizontal well, you begin a turn several hundred feet above your target zone and when you reach that zone, you are literally horizontal and can drill several thousand feet, exposing that much formation to production. The drilling technology is really incredible and changing everyday. Hopefully they get it figured out and limit the seismic activity. You can thank your local oilman for $2 gas. If the US oil industry wasn't the leader they are, OPEC would have you paying $6 plus.

I have Grandkids & Daughter up there near ya HiFlyer. I check on them every time one of those storms blows through or Tornados hit the ground. I grew up in Bethany & it didn't seems to be as bad back then. Best wishes!