Arsenal of Democracy - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal of Democracy

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Without our oil, natural gas, electricity, and fairly soon our fresh water, the US would be reliant on the Middle East again.
    You know where that got you once.
    Ghadaffi , who was trying to build the biggest on the world WATER recovery system from the vast Sahara , also was found as a "threat to our security" and rest is a history . Was he a genius or imbecile ? It doesn't matter now . Water still is there , but Africa is focused on violent wars instead . Who knows , how they got their weapons and why ? Ufff - stupid politicians and dirty profits . I really hate this .

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    Dang. I assume you can/will provide references listing the donated time, food, water, clothing, tents, manpower, helicopters, etc from Serbia, Latvia and Tunisia. In the face of actual US casualties this is the best you can do? Yeah, hopefully the American helicopter will be found, along with the Marines and the two Nepalese they were evacuating to safety. Based solely on your presentation here, and earlier comments, I personally doubt your sincerity. Palestine? Lemme see the links.
    While he did supply the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanit...pal_earthquake I find that there are quite a few country's on that list that have offered condolence's or some promise of assistance, but there no record of them actually doing anything.

Brazil, The Brazilian Ministry of External Relations released a note expressing "deep sadness" and conveying its "condolences and solidarity to the families of the victims, the people and the Government of Nepal.

Bulgaria, President Rosen Plevneliev conveyed his condolences to Nepal quake victims on behalf of the people and government of Bulgaria.

Colombia, The President of Colombia expressed total solidarity with the people of Nepal and assured them that aid would be sent.

Egypt, Egypt's government expressed condolences to Nepal's government and people in an official statement, stressing that it stood with Nepal in its diversity, paid respect to the victims and wished the wounded people a rapid recovery.

Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Emir of Kuwait, contacted the Prime Minister of Nepal to express his sorrow over the devastation in the latter country, and convey wishes for rapid recovery. The Crown Prince of Kuwait, Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, and the Prime Minister, Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, sent similar messages.

Latvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in conjunction with Latvian senior officials, extended "deepest condolences [and] sympathies", and "wish[es] for a rapid recovery" to the people and government of Nepal.

Lithuania, President Dalia Grybauskaitė and Prime Minister Algirdas Butkevičius both offered their condolences and solidarity with the people of Nepal. Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that there was at least 60 Lithuanian citizens in Nepal during the catastrophe and that ministry officials were working to contact them.

Palestine President Mahmoud Abbas offered his condolences to the President of Nepal, Ram Baran Yadav. Abbas expressed his and the Palestinian people's solidarity with the families of the victims, and expressed wishes for a speedy recovery for the wounded, affirming the Palestinian side's willingness to provide all possible help.

Romania President Klaus Iohannis expressed compassion and solidarity with the people affected by the earthquake in Nepal, stating that Romania joins the other countries of the world who have expressed solidarity with the authorities in Nepal and from the other countries affected by the earthquake.

Serbia Prime Minister Aleksandar Vučić sent his "deepest condolences … [o]n behalf of the government and the people of the Republic of Serbia" to the Prime Minister of Nepal, asserting that "[t]he Republic of Nepal and [its] citizens can always count on the sincere and friendly support of the Republic of Serbia".

Tunisia The president of Ennahda Movement in gouvernance, issued a statement it presented its condolences to the State of Nepal and the Nepalese people after this "Terrible earthquake" he says. And it called on the people to donate and help the Nepalese people, And also it called on the State to participate in the rescue efforts, and called for international forces to assume their responsibility in relief Nepal.

Venezuela The government expressed its "deep sorrow" to victims in the powerful earthquake in Nepal and offered its expertise in rescue operations.

As I look at the above list I don't see much "participation" other than paying lip service to the people of Nepal and the rest of the world.
    I'm just saying.........

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

When Polish Government and most ranking generals , flying to Smolensk in Russia to pay annual respect on the fields of mass murdered intelligence in Katyn ( WWII ) , were assassinated by Soviet "specs" . No delegation of Western powers flew for burial , claiming the dust from erupted volcano in Iceland could "disrupt" engine's performance . They forgot to ask the pilots to fly below its reach . Another sample of : "Oops , maybe next time and when we needs you". It happened in history so often already . And they still need us . F&%# politicians . How to respect them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    When Polish Government and most ranking generals , flying to Smolensk in Russia to pay annual respect on the fields of mass murdered intelligence in Katyn ( WWII ) , were assassinated by Soviet "specs" . No delegation of Western powers flew for burial , claiming the dust from erupted volcano in Iceland could "disrupt" engine's performance . They forgot to ask the pilots to fly below its reach . Another sample of : "Oops , maybe next time and when we needs you". It happened in history so often already . And they still need us . F&%# politicians . How to respect them ?
    If they had tweeted that they were all gay or lesbian, I'm sure the Obama Administration would have sent a cabinet member...
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    I didn't - sorry , but since your questions were not so clear to me - I skipped the answers .
    How very convenient....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    How very convenient....

Lolololololol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Without our oil, natural gas, electricity, and fairly soon our fresh water, the US would be reliant on the Middle East again.
    You know where that got you once.
    Not true. We are just using yours till it runs out. Then we will use ours.

shooter
    Not quite true.
    Without Japan, your F6B wouldn't exist, and this forum wouldn't exist.
    You do need japan.
    I'll buy a HD if it means getting rid of you.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Not true. We are just using yours till it runs out. Then we will use ours.
    And you wonder why terrorists train on your soil.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I'll buy a HD if it means getting rid of you.
    We both know neither is going to happen.
    Besides, without me, you're left with just Les to rag on.
    Boring.