Potential new guy - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Potential new guy

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    if only between the Ultra and F6B then you have two distinct bikes with about as far apart in performance, and ergonomics as you can get.

The Ultra will not perform nearly as well or handle as well as the F6B. If you are into playing in the twisties, or twisting the wick then the F6B is a great bike.

Unless you spend big bucks the Harley wont even come close to running with this Honda.

The seating position is forward controls for the Ultra, and mid for the F6B. I still find that bothersome.

The ultra is easier to work on in that you don't have tupper wear to remove to get stuff done.

The F6B does not need much other than an air filter that is a real pain to do every 24,000 miles. Normal oil and filter can be done without removing anything.

Paint and finish are 100% better on any Harley than the F6B. The Harley will hold value much better than the F6B.
    First, notice you're in W. NC? I'm out of Charlotte and ride the BRP quite a bit. Second, it looks like you have the Corbin seat, which is exactly what I was thinking if I change the seat. Did the Corbin change any seating position in regards to handlebars? On my Victory I changed to a Mustang and afterwards found I was too far from the handlebars.

The F6B resale value does suck... but there are some bargains to be had out there. Still-new-in-crate 2013 and 2014 models can be found for about $13,000.

As a motorcycle enthusiast, in my humble opinion your experience is not complete until you've owned a GL1800. The stars have aligned for you; pull the trigger and join the party

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    As a motorcycle enthusiast, in my humble opinion your experience is not complete until you've owned a GL1800. The stars have aligned for you; pull the trigger and join the party
    Awesome!

f6b

Quote Originally Posted by smalls View Post
    Hey everyone,

This subject has likely been covered but I'd appreciate respectable feedback. I'm highly interested in the F6B, coming from cruisers already. I have both a Harley Wide Glide and a Victory Kingpin. I like both, albeit for different purposes. The Victory is my real bike and I put about 10k a year on it. I like to travel and enjoy several days on the road camping. The Victory is outstanding and has served me well. But...I'm curious for change. I feel I've been gravitating towards travel comfort, high mileage, and enjoying the road...more than loud pipes, bars, and ape hangers.

Other reasons for a change include ergonomics for back and shoulders, along with extras like a radio and navigation. I have done the Victory demo and do not care for the Cross Country bikes. My feet are too far foward in that riding position, putting a strain on my upper back/neck. The Vision is nice, but still selling myself on the looks. I recently rented a Harley Ultra for 200 miles and loved it. I was only able to ride the F6B for about 15 miles as a "test ride", but loved it too.

So I've narrowed it down to the Harley Ultra or F6B. I like the Harley stock. Not into modifying much. My objective is too get on the bike, ride, and enjoy the scenery and rack up some miles...in relative motorcycle comfort.

Everyone that has a F6B came from something, so feedback from those coming from Harley/Victory cruiser style is welcomed.

Thanks!
    I will answer as best I can as a new f6b owner. First of all I will say that my new f6b is for sale but not because it is not a great motorcycle but because I have decided the danger isn't worth it and my body is just too arthritic to ride anymore.

I came from a ST1300 which is a great bike in it's own right but again I wasn't comfortable so I tried the F6b. I also tried several Harleys, Indian Chieftain, BMWs, Yamaha FJR and several Japanese cruisers. I concluded the Harleys are way overpriced and the only one I would even consider riding would be the new Ultra but at $26000.00 there was no way I could justify the cost. I simply hated the Indian and I really hated the Harley Heritage softtail. I didn't hate the Harley Road King but I certainly found it to be nothing special and definitely not worth the price.

The F6b is very smooth, has great power and with the right windshield has great protection. It has better balance than any motorcycle I have ever ridden and is easier to move with your legs than the ST because the seat is lower to the ground. I did not feel I needed reverse on the F6b especially after owning the ST1300. I also don't feel the F6b needs a sixth gear but did feel the ST needed one. The passing ability with the F6b is fantastic and as all have said it corners surprisingly well.

With all that said, mine is for sale for $14500.00 and I have installed a Clearview shield as well as Kuryakyn II forward pegs and both of these add ons are necessary for comfort. The bike is a black 2013 with 850 miles. I have only had it for a month.

Had a Victory Crossroads and 6 Harleys in my past. They all served their purpose at the time. And I can't rule owning one again (hell might freeze over)

But seriously, If your looking for a bike that performs like it should, right out of the box, no mods, no stage 1,2, etc, than F6B fills the bill in spades. There's a reason why virtually no performance parts exist for Goldwings/F6B's. Honda did a fine job of balancing performance/durability when they built it. These bikes easily go 200k miles, with nothing more than routine maintenance.

F6B's aint perfect but I haven't found a bike that is. And there are things to be improved ( oe. windsheild, etc) But it truly is a RIDERS bike. Just gas, tires, oil, and go.
    Had mine for 18mo and close to 20k mi and no absolutely no regrets !!

And while F6B's may not have great resale; in my experience, neither do high mileage Harley's.

Good luck in your quest.
    13 F6B Deluxe I've taken the road less traveled, now where the hell am I?
    I don't buy a bike to impress other people, just me !!

First, notice you're in W. NC? I'm out of Charlotte and ride the BRP quite a bit. Second, it looks like you have the Corbin seat, which is exactly what I was thinking if I change the seat. Did the Corbin change any seating position in regards to handlebars? On my Victory I changed to a Mustang and afterwards found I was too far from the handlebars.
    Correction, HAD a Corbin. Sold it fast, as I do not have a Corbin ass per say. I currently ride an Ultimate and so far it is the best I have found.
    I do like the F6B for performance out of the box, but have hip issues and the seating position is simply miserable for me. As long as I can get up on the highway pegs soon I am ok but prolonged riding in the mid position and I am miserable. I also added Rockies Risers and cruise to mine.
    So overall I am pretty satisfied at this point. But I did look at the Victories last weekend and if I were to do anything else bike related I would probably head in that direction. Not likely to do anything soon though. If you get up this way give me a shout and you can try out the set up I am running.

Hey everyone,

This subject has likely been covered but I'd appreciate respectable feedback. I'm highly interested in the F6B, coming from cruisers already. I have both a Harley Wide Glide and a Victory Kingpin. I like both, albeit for different purposes. The Victory is my real bike and I put about 10k a year on it. I like to travel and enjoy several days on the road camping. The Victory is outstanding and has served me well. But...I'm curious for change. I feel I've been gravitating towards travel comfort, high mileage, and enjoying the road...more than loud pipes, bars, and ape hangers.

Other reasons for a change include ergonomics for back and shoulders, along with extras like a radio and navigation. I have done the Victory demo and do not care for the Cross Country bikes. My feet are too far foward in that riding position, putting a strain on my upper back/neck. The Vision is nice, but still selling myself on the looks. I recently rented a Harley Ultra for 200 miles and loved it. I was only able to ride the F6B for about 15 miles as a "test ride", but loved it too.

So I've narrowed it down to the Harley Ultra or F6B. I like the Harley stock. Not into modifying much. My objective is too get on the bike, ride, and enjoy the scenery and rack up some miles...in relative motorcycle comfort.

Everyone that has a F6B came from something, so feedback from those coming from Harley/Victory cruiser style is welcomed.

Thanks!
    Just to add my 2 cents!!! I own a 2013 F6B & 2002 HD Firefighter Roadking which I love both. Two different rides. Basically, it come down to if you want the V-Twin ride then go for the Harley,but remember it cannot respond like the F6B in performance. I would think the Victories will be similar to the Harleys. I am fortunate to have 2 different types of rides. So it comes down to the V-Twin experience or the performance of the F6B. Good luck with your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    Correction, HAD a Corbin. Sold it fast, as I do not have a Corbin ass per say. I currently ride an Ultimate and so far it is the best I have found.
    I do like the F6B for performance out of the box, but have hip issues and the seating position is simply miserable for me. As long as I can get up on the highway pegs soon I am ok but prolonged riding in the mid position and I am miserable. I also added Rockies Risers and cruise to mine.
    So overall I am pretty satisfied at this point. But I did look at the Victories last weekend and if I were to do anything else bike related I would probably head in that direction. Not likely to do anything soon though. If you get up this way give me a shout and you can try out the set up I am running.
    Gotcha on the Corbin, it's def a hit or miss. Well, Victory does allow lots of leg room with the huge floorboards. Not sure what you're looking at, but if it's an excellent condition 2009 Kingpin I can swap ya take that F6B off you're hands...paying the difference in cash of course. But...thanks for the info, much appreciated. And yes, I head your way quite a bit for riding.

Ok, just got back from the dealer. Here's the scoop with both trades;
    NEW 2013 Black - no cruise, no abs, no heated grips
    Vs
    NEW 2015 Matte Black - + abs, heated grips, cruise

There's a $4k difference between them. I can ass cruise to the 2013 using -------- for about $1k.

So thoughts? Is it worth the extra $4k to have better paint, abs, heated grips and cruise already installed? Or, spend the extra $1k on 2013 cruise?

I've realized some of the "deals" on a new 2013 advertised involve hefty freight, destination, and setup fees...plus travel time to and from these places usually 400mi one way. So the price my dealer is offering on the 2013 seems legit.

So thoughts? Is it worth the extra $4k to have better paint, abs, heated grips and cruise already installed? Or, spend the extra $1k on 2013 cruise?

Go for the '15. Resale is another consideration.