Potential new guy - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Potential new guy

I might be in the high percentile you mention, at least when it comes to a fast ride down a back road. I'm smooth enough to get forty mpg, but my tires are toast at 7500 miles. That is with proper inflation. A Vision will carve with better feedback than the Honda, but it is too hideous to own. Virtually none of my riding takes place on the interstate. Maybe I'm just never going to be happy with a large touring type cruiser. My initial criticism of the F6b is with it's electric nature vs a more visceral internal combustion feel. How can you guys stand the whirring noise, it's like you are riding a blender, not harnessing explosions for propulsion.

Because we are all old enough that we went through the phase you are in.
    We now enjoy relaxing on a motorcycle that is smooth as silk and enjoy what you are obviously missing with your style of riding.
    I find it entertaining that you come on a forum that is about F6Bs (that most of us love) and think that it is a great idea to slam them.
    You also make me laugh with your thinking a Moto Guzzi is so great.
    They are an outdated, technological turd compared to a Gold Wing.
    They don't refer to Moto Guzzi as "the company that has been trying to go out of business for 94 years" because they are so wonderful of a motorcycle.

I've ridden around 10,000 miles per year for the last 37 years. My V11 Guzzi, with Ohlins, was no turd, but with clip ons, a but too focused for my 56 years. I want something nicer better, that's why I bought an F6b.
    Why do I have to be just like you? Why can't I, as an owner, express an opinion that differs from yours? It's called exchange of ideas.

I never said you couldn't.
    If it is nicer and better why are you constantly finding fault with them?
    That doesn't make sense.
    Oh well to each their own.
    Be safe whatever you ride.

Quote Originally Posted by tozco View Post
    I might be in the high percentile you mention, at least when it comes to a fast ride down a back road. I'm smooth enough to get forty mpg, but my tires are toast at 7500 miles. That is with proper inflation. A Vision will carve with better feedback than the Honda, but it is too hideous to own. Virtually none of my riding takes place on the interstate. Maybe I'm just never going to be happy with a large touring type cruiser. My initial criticism of the F6b is with it's electric nature vs a more visceral internal combustion feel. How can you guys stand the whirring noise, it's like you are riding a blender, not harnessing explosions for propulsion.
    I don't presume to speak for others, but the whirring and everything else is an engineering marvel to me. Do you realize Honda timed the combustion events from side to side in order to minimize vibration and other disturbances? To do this in conjunction with other feats like having a perfect hp and tq curve for the intended purpose is pleasing to me.

There are times when I, like you, really want more feedback from this bike and that's frustrating sometimes. But idk; for me, the positives out weigh the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I never said you couldn't.
    If it is nicer and better why are you constantly finding fault with them?
    That doesn't make sense.
    Oh well to each their own.
    Be safe whatever you ride.
    Why are you finding fault and slamming someone for simply expressing an alternate opinion; is it so hard to understand that someone else might have a different perception and experience than yourself?

The man isn't completely happy with the 6... so what; do you need everybody to like what you like. There's no need to get defensive or offended.

This Honda is a great bike. I get why you love it, there is much to love. You are a great bunch, Ride in good health!

My initial criticism of the F6b is with it's electric nature vs a more visceral internal combustion feel. How can you guys stand the whirring noise, it's like you are riding a blender, not harnessing explosions for propulsion.
    I really like the high pitched whirring emanating form the internals. It reminds me of a gas turbine's compressor.
    If I wanted a thumper, I'd own one.

"Why are you finding fault and slamming someone for simply expressing an alternate opinion; is it so hard to understand that someone else might have a different perception and experience than yourself?

The man isn't completely happy with the 6... so what; do you need everybody to like what you like. There's no need to get defensive or offended. "

Where the heck are you getting that it is about him not liking what I like?
    It has absolutely nothing to do with that.
    That being said,let me get this straight..
    you are defending him for expressing his negative opinion, that happens not to be my positive opinion, and are telling me I am wrong for expressing my opinion that is different from his?
    Yeah,that makes total sense.
    I give up.

Don't sweat the small stuff guy's.

After owning Guzzi, Ducati, a Hayabusa, and now a Confederate, I just think the F6b is boring. It does not change direction quickly, nor does it have much ground clearance. It is big in weight and length and width, but has a cramped cockpit, I'm glad you guys love it, I'm just not sure it has worked out for me..
    The almost complete lack off mechanical presence or soul, is a problem for me. You guys like it, simple as that.
    I have had in my garage a ZX-14, C-14, Valkyrie, and 12 Wing in recent years. I have however owned many other bikes including V-twins, parallel twins, English, American and Jap. I like something about each of them. My favorite would be the Valk, big ass cruiser with more power than any other cruiser at the time and it reminded me of my muscle cars in the 70's. The 6 for me is about performance, love it for a bike this size, comfort and dare I say being different. Metric V-twins are all over the place and HD only makes so many models. The only mechanical presence I need after 19 years of owning bikes is in the flat six. It is good to read about others perception of the 6, I appreciate honest evaluations from others.

Everyone should ride what they like after all it's our/my money so the owner is the only one who needs to be happy.