All good things have to come to a end. So goes it for a General G-Max that I installed a mere 24 months ago. Finally into the "wear bars'" I removed it this evening and installed a identical replacement. With 30,303 trouble free miles, I'm completely satisfied with its longevity and handling. When I originally installed the Max I ran 38 PSI and after several hundred miles of riding I settled on a "sweet spot" 0f 42/43 PSI. This pressure lessens any measurable "squirm" from the 1 ply sidewall. Most if not all non-run flats I've used exhibit the same trait. Can't compare it to the low pressures used on run flats as I have no experience with that type of tire.

Some observations about the G-Max! Extremely smooth and predictable. A great rain tire which handled Florida's occasional "down pours" with ease. No hydro-planing! Eats up the super slabs and does a super job in the corners. The tire was subjected to a year of riding on Florida highways in 95+ heat and a year of North Eastern Pa. pot holed roads. No loss of pressure other than a slight adjustment for elevation and temp changes between Pa. and Fl.

Thread/Tread wear appears, for the most part, even across the face with some light scalloping on the outer edge sipe/grooves. The 42/43 PSI pressure did cause more wear in the center of the thread. Not great but noticeable!

The G-Max specs! 480 Tread Wear Rating. A Temperature and A Traction Ratings. 140 MPH Rated.

Looking forward to my next 30K miles

Attachment 13812Attachment 13813Attachment 13814