Easy Stereo Add-on - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Easy Stereo Add-on

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    I have on question here. When you used the rear speaker output did you go and change the
    balance between the front and rear using the controls for the speakers or the mode conteols.
    I was just wondering if maybe that was the problem with output.
    shortleg

I don't know about any problem with an output??

I have the OEM fader control set to the middle. Then I adjusted the new amp's volume to match the front speaker's volume. So with the fader control in the center, the front and rear volumes are equal.

It's a bit funny. If I move my head back just a bit, the rears are louder, if I move forward, the fronts are louder. So, they are pretty equally adjusted.

If there is more bass in the music, it comes mostly from the rear. Kind of fun!
    Albuquerque, NM

Oops. It has been brought to my attention that my amp will not fit under the seat with the stock seat.

I use a mustang seat most of the time. I never thought about them being so different underneath.

I use my stock seat for long trips (it's more comfortable). Looks like I have some work to do before my next long trip ....
    Albuquerque, NM

Ruh-roh.

Here's to hoping it goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Oops. It has been brought to my attention that my amp will not fit under the seat with the stock seat.

I use a mustang seat most of the time. I never thought about them being so different underneath.

I use my stock seat for long trips (it's more comfortable). Looks like I have some work to do before my next long trip ....

Hey Valk, that is a really cool mod. I am wondering if you got it sorted out using the stock seat. I would like to do this or something very similar to this on my bike. I have the stock seat. If you've found a solution I know we would like to hear it.

Thanks

JL Audio Amp

Anybody seen this one? Asking any who have tried I'm curious if this will fit in the box. Proper Power!!

Quote Originally Posted by rjmyers4201 View Post
    Anybody seen this one? Asking any who have tried I'm curious if this will fit in the box. Proper Power!!
    http://www.jlaudio.com/mhx280-4-mari...plifiers-98403

Amp won't fit under stock seat - update

I am not sure that I am done. But, here is what I have done so far to remedy this problem. The problem being that I like to use my stock seat on long trips and an amp does not fit under it.

I cut away the plastic in the bottom of the passenger area that is right above the amp. Then I cut away enough foam that the amp fits without pressing into the foam.

That is probably good enough. But, I went ahead and made a cover plate out of abs plastic to insert into the bottom of the seat. I believe that it is good enough to keep an average sized passenger from sitting on the amp.

The cover is jammed in there pretty well. Don't know if I should epoxie, rtv or rivet into place. Here are some pics:

Attachment 15438

Attachment 15437

Attachment 15436

Attachment 15435
    Albuquerque, NM

I'm up to no good and at it again. Replacing the head unit of the OEM equipment. I will post more details when finished, but man it is quite the improvement. I will now have built in Bluetooth with control, USB with iPod and Android control, SiriusXM radio, along with Aux in , and a display that affords me a lot more info and control over the various settings. Also, it sounds soon much better. The new speakers ,amp and sub I installed were a huge improvement, but this takes it to a whole other level. Oh, and I went ahead and upped the front speakers to 6.5" from the 5.25" I had installed.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I'm up to no good and at it again. Replacing the head unit of the OEM equipment. I will post more details when finished, but man it is quite the improvement. I will now have built in Bluetooth with control, USB with iPod and Android control, SiriusXM radio, along with Aux in , and a display that affords me a lot more info and control over the various settings. Also, it sounds soon much better. The new speakers ,amp and sub I installed were a huge improvement, but this takes it to a whole other level. Oh, and I went ahead and upped the front speakers to 6.5" from the 5.25" I had installed.

Anxious to see what you have come up with and how it integrates (e.g. iPod, GPS and Radar). Don't forget to take copious pictures.

Well here are some shots. Went on a ride of about 350 miles today and I am thoroughly pleased. The sound is cleaner, with better stereo separation and just a whole lot more closer to what I'd call HiFi. In addition I gained SiriusXM radio, built in Bluetooth with control ability, and the system can operate Android and IPhones. I have an Android based Droid. The system also reads a whole host of formats from my USB flash drive as well as auxiliary input. My USB and aux. input is now located in the left front pocket. I also now have more control over the sound settings with dedicated subwoofer line outs. The unit is a Carion CMS 2 Marine hideaway unit. The main portion of the unit is located where the original "Audio Unit" was located. The control/display is mounted to a piece of 1/4" T6 Aluminum I cut and tapped o mount the display then mounted it to an accessory bracket that I bought when I purchased my Helibars. I plan on painting the aluminum plate as I also painted the little screw covers on the display module that were originally silver. I plan on making a blank ABS plate to replace the left fairing plate with all the buttons that are now not used.Attachment 15511Attachment 15512Attachment 15513Attachment 15514Attachment 15515
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"