Easy Stereo Add-on - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Easy Stereo Add-on

sub, definitely a sub . Mine sounds awesome if I say so myself. Actually there are quite a few hear that went to the Rally that can comment on what they heard.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    sub, definitely a sub . Mine sounds awesome if I say so myself. Actually there are quite a few hear that went to the Rally that can comment on what they heard.
    Yes his system sounded Great, subwoofer is a nice added touch. If you were blindfolded, you would swear it was coming from nice car system. My .02$ from hearing it at the Rally.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Good afternoon what is the color code for the rear speaker leads?

Quote Originally Posted by ALF6B View Post
    Good afternoon what is the color code for the rear speaker leads?
    From the shop manual (page ETM 18-6):

Left Rear:
    + Orange
    - Blue/Red

Right Rear:
    + Blue
    - White

HTH

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Hey All,
    I installed some rear speakers about a year ago. They put out only about 1/10th the volume of the front speakers. So, pretty much useless. I have tried other speakers with the same result.

So, gave up and added a two channel amp to drive the rear speakers. What a world of difference! I am shocked! Those crappy little speakers are suddenly fantastic!

With the four speakers the sound is so much fuller. You feel like you are in a room filled with music. Also, the little four inch rear speakers have much more bass and more punch than the front (I think that the front speaker magnets are just too small).

The amp fits under the seat. There are four handy mounting bosses right there. Just make four zigzag angle brackets to hold the amp. The rear speaker wiring is right there (I used the high level inputs). And the speakers are attach to the hand rails - out of the way of any luggage/packing.

It came out great. The amp has enough oomph to drive another speaker using the bridged output. I might someday cram a woofer into the glove box area. I am happy for now.

Attachment 13825
    Amp fits comfortably under the seat.

Attachment 13826
    Input wiring is right there!

Attachment 13827
    Testing ....

Attachment 13828
    And done.
    What type and where did you get the connector to plug into the rear speaker leads/connector

Thanks Jimmy (Papa Tater)
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

If I have 2 sets of the JBLS then will they sound ok with the OEM amp?
    I thought that the stereo was the same as the full goldwing. Doesn't it user the rear speakers? Does it sound good?
    Steve

I have the OEM speakers, the J&M upgraded speakers (2nd Gen) and now 2 sets of the JBL's. (currently use the JBL's in fairing)

Can I get the JBL's to work with the OEM amp for bothfront and back (all 4 speakers will be the same)?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
    What type and where did you get the connector to plug into the rear speaker leads/connector

Thanks Jimmy (Papa Tater)

I had some 4 pin connectors that I bought a while back. They fit OEM in some places, but not others. They did not fit the OEM rear speaker 4 pin connector. But, I cut one of them up a bit and forced it into place. Then taped it all up.

In other words, I do not know exactly what connector you need or where to get it. I know that mine did not work correctly. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I have the OEM speakers, the J&M upgraded speakers (2nd Gen) and now 2 sets of the JBL's. (currently use the JBL's in fairing)

Can I get the JBL's to work with the OEM amp for bothfront and back (all 4 speakers will be the same)?
    Steve
    Yes ... But, my gut instinct is that the front speakers will still sound louder due to their chamber, the windshield effect and the distance from the front vs the rear. Will have to see how much the fader will be needed. It would be a shame to have to turn down the front speakers to match the rears.
    Albuquerque, NM