I installed the BikeMP3 F6B CB enable kit (following the instructions from the video on the BikeMP3 home page) along with the GL1800 Honda left handlebar switches for the CB and a 2010 Honda CB on my 2013 F6B in the winter of 2013, right after the kit was introduced. That summer on a trip to Montana with some friends I had the following problem…..whenever the PTT is pushed, the CB will change the CB channel (it will go from channel 1 to 40 then 39 then 38), plus adjust the CB volume, and CB squelch all on its own.

Last year on a trip to Arizona I never had a problem with the unit like I did on the trip to Montana. Just yesterday on a trip to Oregon the “gremlin” re-appeared.

I read on a GL-1800 forum that wrapping the wires from the CB with foil wire would help to eliminate the problem. Here is the information from the forum that I am referring to (the install was on a trike, but I’m curious if the same problem could occur on a F6B because of the location of the CB………in the left saddlebag.

“It seems as though there is a shielding problem, in other words stray RF is getting back to the radio, thus the interference……all the dealer had to do was wrap all lines attached to the CB, any lines near the CB, and under the CB itself in aluminum duct tape. This blocks any stray interference from getting to areas of the bike it's not to supposed to go.“

My question is have any of you run across the same problem and a possible solution for the above problem? Will wrapping the BikeMP3 F6B enable kit with aluminum foil tape solve the problem? Will I need to wrap the whole kit or just the wires running from the CB to the radio?

Thanks for your time and any information would be really helpful.

Oh Yeah, I'm a member of a GWRRA Chapter and we use the CB alot, so a Bluetooth communication system is out of the question.

Ride Safe But Often!!!