I'm Pissed Off - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm Pissed Off

Appears to be the 6 lamp from the first pic. They are good pics but I would like to see even better detail. I like it.

Edit.....think these are them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-18W-4-Cre...-/121236917566
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Appears to be the 6 lamp from the first pic. They are good pics but I would like to see even better detail. I like it.

Edit.....think these are them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-18W-4-Cre...-/121236917566
    You got it Stroguy, those are the right ones. I went with them because the are for marine use and I ride in all kinds of weather .......

That price is insane. I've not heard of any issues with the OEM Honda LED lights. Mine have worked flawlessly.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I picked mine up at the end of last month, when I did, I inquired about the back rest. It was going to cost me a shade under $900AUD supplied and they'd fit for free.
    I could get online for $500AUD, on eBay, delivered from the States... so yes, I believe that would be the figure.

You guys down under are getting screwed. I guess the trade off is a riding christmas season! I purchased the 960's for my bike and the wife got hers for around $350 using the bonus bucks promo.

The work around Navy found looks great! the more light you can throw at the road, the better!

Keep finding creative workarounds! no Flames here!

Any Economists in here? Is this a fallout of 6 years of quantitative easing and weakening the US dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    I know I will probably get a lot of grief from some folks here, but I cannot see paying the kind of money most places want for LED fog lights. I installed 18w Cree Led Work (Spot) Light for boats from amazon, $29.00 for the pair. They are waterproof and put out a ton of light, mainly in the "center spot" with a bit of extra splash all around. I live in the country and ride into work @ 5am each day. They light up the road at night great (especially the sides of the road) while not blinding other drivers.

Attachment 13880

A couple of the 2 wire plug connectors from Cyclemax to connect to the factory harness and a waterproof SPST switch and the job is done for less than $50.

Just my 2 cents worth .....
    Grief...? I wouldn't call it that, but have you never been burned buying the cheap stuff only having to replace it in a short while? I have.

Lights and tires will never save me a dime; I'll go with the known and established quantity even if it costs more

However... since these are not your main driving lights... and since sometimes the quality of the cheap stuff is actually good, I can't fault ya for giving these a shot!

Many thanks for all the great info, i've decided to go with the Socal moto gear Cowl Fog / Driving lights at $455 Au delivered ($350 US inc $80 US freight), damn site cheaper than i can pick them up here.

I decided on these simply because they fit where they are supposed to and come with all the mounting gear. I'll keep you informed as to my decision being the correct one or not.

Cheers and best

Chris

http://www.socalmotogear.com/HONDA-G...E-p/gl18fg.htm

From the brief review of the ad for these lights, several concerns immediately arise. First, they claim 0.4 amps draw per fog light. Even at a running voltage of 14 volts, that equates to only 5.6 watts, NOT the 10 watts they claim. Second, they will be lucky to get 100 lumens per watt so the total lumen output per fog light is more like 560 lumens, NOT the 800 lumens they claim. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all the false and misleading advertising I'm seeing these days .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Grief...? I wouldn't call it that, but have you never been burned buying the cheap stuff only having to replace it in a short while? I have.

Lights and tires will never save me a dime; I'll go with the known and established quantity even if it costs more

However... since these are not your main driving lights... and since sometimes the quality of the cheap stuff is actually good, I can't fault ya for giving these a shot!
    I understand what you are saying Str8 .... I have also been burned also by cheap quality. I am a retired USN Electronics Tech and am in the RTP, NC area (the location of Cree) and I have personal knowledge as to the durability of these "marine grade" lights (use them on a friends boat) and feel very confident in them.

I am not recommending them for anyone else's use, just saying what I am using. I have put 8,000 miles on my bike in the last 10 months in all kinds of weather and they have helped me see the road, but more importantly, be seen .....

Of course, saving on them also lets me enjoy more