Meet Lily....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet Lily....

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Lily

Wow, what a fantastic idea. How fast will it fly? Even 45 mph could be enough to shoot me on the twisties. Not fast enough for most of my friends...

Thanks Steve! Finding out about Lily will be my distraction for today.

Cherish young geniuses . Such a clean and "smart" drone . I'm amazed .

Lily rocks!
    Yes, I pre-ordered...her max speed is 25mph though. Won't be able to follow me through the Dragon, plus I think she would need unobstructed airspace.
    In the video, note the mountains and cliffs, and lack of trees....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Lily rocks!
    Yes, I pre-ordered...her max speed is 25mph though. Won't be able to follow me through the Dragon, plus I think she would need unobstructed airspace.
    In the video, note the mountains and cliffs, and lack of trees....
    Yeah, read that on their website. I have been thinking hard about what I could use it for, and at present nothing comes to mind. At 25mph it won't do much for the MC world, with no obstruction avoidance it would be hard to use in the woods. As soon as I think of a real use then Lily comes to my house. I bet LE already has tech like this at some level.

Love this technology but I don't have much need right now for a "follow-me" drone. OTOH, I'm very interested in drones in general and more specifically, quads, to fly and use as FPV (First Person View) platforms. Here is a little project I finished just yesterday:

Attachment 13995

All left to add is the TX (video transmitter) and camera which I should receive in the next couple of days. The FPV goggles are back-ordered so I'm not sure when that will arrive. In the meantime, I'm just flying line-of-sight. It's a blast flying these things and I can fly right in my back yard, no runway needed .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    It's a blast flying these things and I can fly right in my back yard, no runway needed .
    Concur. My next rotorcraft:

Attachment 13996

Why let the drone have all the fun?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    Yeah, read that on their website. I have been thinking hard about what I could use it for, and at present nothing comes to mind. At 25mph it won't do much for the MC world, with no obstruction avoidance it would be hard to use in the woods. As soon as I think of a real use then Lily comes to my house. I bet LE already has tech like this at some level.
    Just throw Lily out the window of the car next time you get pulled over and let her record.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Just throw Lily out the window of the car next time you get pulled over and let her record.....
    See, there's the rub. I haven't been pulled over since the 90's. Might be neat for skeet or clays shooting, but there is obvious risk there. Water skiing is best at 35mph or so, not that I do that very often. No one wants to see video of me watching football or baseball. I'm still trying, because I really feel like I 'need' one....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    See, there's the rub. I haven't been pulled over since the 90's. Might be neat for skeet or clays shooting, but there is obvious risk there. Water skiing is best at 35mph or so, not that I do that very often. No one wants to see video of me watching football or baseball. I'm still trying, because I really feel like I 'need' one....
    Me either, actually. But that's not stopping me from getting one. Good call on the skeet though!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce