Earbud Static
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earbud Static

Earbud Static

Hi guys,
    I ordered the 5 pin to rca adapter from wing stuff so I can use earbuds on the highway.
    When I plug them in I get some static noise and it doesn't matter if the engine is runnining or not. The sound quality is also not very good. The earbuds sound good when plugged in to other gadgets. Any ideas or is this normal for Goldwing radios.
    Thanks for any inputs.

I had the same thing happen to me...on mine I had one replaced and on another I tighten the unit and seemed to be better???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

same scenario...in mine i lost the mid range - its the adapter thats the issue, the earbuds and rest of the system are fine

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    same scenario...in mine i lost the mid range - its the adapter thats the issue, the earbuds and rest of the system are fine
    What did you end up going with?

Nothing yet....I want to get speakers for the helmet but I'm not a big fan of being wired to the bike and I would like to use the Honda audio system. For now I just use the bike speakers or if a long run I use my earbuds hooked directly to my iphone

The headset system does transmit a good deal of engine noise, but I wouldn't describe this as static, so I might suspect your adapter also. The one from Wingstuff is a "cabled" adapter I think; try this one instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Wentronic-1240.../dp/B000L0XG78 (Wentronic 12403-GB).

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    The headset system does transmit a good deal of engine noise, but I wouldn't describe this as static, so I might suspect your adapter also. The one from Wingstuff is a "cabled" adapter I think; try this one instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Wentronic-1240.../dp/B000L0XG78 (Wentronic 12403-GB).

That's what I've got ( after your prior advice ). It was shipped from Germany and I received it in less than 2 weeks . Good quality product . Surprisingly works very well . Thanks again .

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    That's what I've got ( after your prior advice ). It was shipped from Germany and I received it in less than 2 weeks . Good quality product . Surprisingly works very well . Thanks again .

Good to know Les; I have to credit Larry for finding this one... the one I found was $26.

Thank you Larry

Thanks srt8 I ordered that one this morning.