I've been in the market for some good driving lights but I'm having a hard time making a decision. I've been suggesting two brands to others who are seeking more light and I think I've narrowed my choices to one of these, but if there are other good driving lights out there, please advise. I'm not interested in fogs or conspicuity lights; I want to use the full 35W available on the OEM wiring to throw as MUCH light as FAR and WIDE down the road as possible. Also not interested in trying eBay lights; I'd rather have a known and trusted manufacturer who clearly publishes their light specs even if it costs more.

I *believe* both of these systems are small enough to tuck under the fairing beneath the headlights, and definitely small enough to mount under the mirrors. Each also produces about 3,000 lumens per light (6,000 total for two lights).

Clearwater Lights - Krista 2

The appeal of this system is it comes with a "dimmer" switch that allows you to dim the power and use these with your low beams; when low beams are on, the dimmer switch allows you to use a setting that won't blind oncoming traffic. However when you hit the high beams, the dimmer is bypassed and the lights turn on full strength.

The downside, if it is one, is that 85% of the light is concentrated in a 15 degree beam and the other 15% is concentrated in a 45 degree beam. Using this generic illustration it's clear that these lights are made for distance... and I'm wondering if they'll give me enough side coverage... ?

Rigid Industries - D2 Series

Rigid Industries takes a slightly different approach in that they offer different versions of their lights to be chosen according to your use. The graphs below are from the RI website and show the different versions.

If you got one driving and one hyperspot, would that be a better setup than having two "Krista's"?