Used a Stock GoldWing Shield for the F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used a Stock GoldWing Shield for the F6B

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    That's what I did Steve. Then I cut a couple inches off the top. It sits right at 15".

I know it's super quiet and comfortable with the full shield but I can't stand looking through it. I feel like I'm in a car.

Cool.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm 5'8" so I look through it, if it was on the wing it would be about half way up on the adjusters. It's the perfect height for me. I thought about drilling 2 new holes and lowering it a tad but after riding it's right where I want it. Any lower and the edge of the screen will be in my sightline. Plus it's better for the passenger who gets a pretty good blast as it is.

To mount I just used some washers and factory bolts on the left and right to provide some tension there and the middle I used a rubber grommet the height of the mounting tit that's there and a couple washers with a longer bolt I had in the drawer. It's not moving unless it breaks LOL.

As for the SRT flag yes former owner. 2012 SRT8 300. Nice car interior fell apart badly. Plus very expensive to mod and without a supercharger can't do much to it. Minor tune, filter and exhaust gets you nothing but sound. Cams and such are really really expensive. Between that and the poor interior and rattles I got rid of it and got the Focus ST.
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

That's a shame about the gen 2 300's; my gen 1 is rock solid. Glad I didn't "upgrade"

These cars, gen 1 and 2, can be modded in anyway you can dream of; not sure why you say there's not much that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    That's a shame about the gen 2 300's; my gen 1 is rock solid. Glad I didn't "upgrade"

These cars, gen 1 and 2, can be modded in anyway you can dream of; not sure why you say there's not much that can be done.
    The older ones are much much better for it. The new 2012 and up ECU's they are still struggling to crack and tune properly. Cams with the new VITCI valve stuff are way expensive as well. I spoke with the premier tuner and builder in Ft. Lauderdale and he was laying out prices. It was thousands. You can supercharge it of course but again 6-7k for that.

The biggest bummer was the interior. Lots of the carbon fiber bits fell off and door panels had to be replaced. The dash delaminated from the metal frame and had to be replaced and the thing had so many squeaks and rattles it drove me nuts. Beautiful car but what a pain. Then I put sub in it and that was a mistake it rattled everything in the car. No amount of dynomat seemed to help either.

For old times sake... My SRT

And the Dash getting redone at 1 week old

You can see where it came apart

But I digress....

Been tooling around and the new screen is fantastic! Also readjusted the cruise and it works like it should now!
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

Sorry to see those issues; on the bright side I like your taste in vehicles... right down to the Ford Focus; I'm usually not a fan of small 4-bangers but that one I like.

The shop that you spoke with in Ft Lauderdale, was it Afterhours Motorsports?

For me, supercharging STARTED at 6-7k Then add $500 for the install, $500 for a dyno tune, $500 for a fuel pump upgrade, $500 for catless midpipes, $500 for auxilliary cooling, $1,000 for limited slip differential, $500 for gauges to keep an eye on everything, etc, etc. But is it worth it? YES

Yup those were the guys they are supposed to be the best in the southeast. And yes the ST is an absolute riot to drive. So much fun and handles like a go cart. I have the leather Recaro's too and those seats are sweet!
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3

Oh cool... small world.

Those guys are top notch, Scott and Jon, and Johan who does their tuning. These three guys are the ONLY guys I let touch my car