Ride Like A Pro DVDs

Thread: Ride Like A Pro DVDs

Ride Like A Pro DVDs

Have any of you bought these and practiced the techniques?
    I am buying the updated version.
    If you haven't,I assure you this program works.(at least they did for me)
    I set up cones and practiced daily and (every time I rode for that matter) for about a month before taking an Advanced Rider Safety Course.
    After that class the two instructors called me off to the side away from the other students.
    They told me they had never seen a student maneuver a touring bike through their course like I did.
    I was on a 2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture.
    For anyone not familiar with a Venture,this is a heavy,top heavy motorcycle.
    I can not ride the F6B like I did the Yamaha.
    The techniques are the same no matter what motorcycle you ride.
    I have to practice and get used to the characteristics of this motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    Have any of you bought these and practiced the techniques?
    I am buying the updated version.
    If you haven't,I assure you this program works.(at least they did for me)
    I set up cones and practiced daily and (every time I rode for that matter) for about a month before taking an Advanced Rider Safety Course.
    After that class the two instructors called me off to the side away from the other students.
    They told me they had never seen a student maneuver a touring bike through their course like I did.
    I was on a 2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture.
    For anyone not familiar with a Venture,this is a heavy,top heavy motorcycle.
    I can not ride the F6B like I did the Yamaha.
    The techniques are the same no matter what motorcycle you ride.
    I have to practice and get used to the characteristics of this motorcycle.
    That's awesome - well done by you. As an MSF instructor, it's pretty obvious when you get a student that knows how to ride and has practiced the skills.
    And yes, every bike is different, and making a change to that bike (like adding floorboards) is going to change the riding dynamics.
    I tightened up my throttle play a bit 7 days ago. First ride with her yesterday, forgot that I had tightened things up and about did a wheelie out of the driveway...

Again, good on you for taking the time and investing the resources to make yourself a better rider.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

The down side is that I see the mistakes other riders are doing and it scares the crap out of me to ride with them.
    I was letting people borrow them in hopes to make them better riders.
    Instead they caused one of the borrowers to become a thief.
    I never got them back and don't remember who had them last.
    i hope they are still getting passed around quite frankly.

Yes very good videos. Bought one a few years ago and still try to follow the techniques taught. A neighbour just bought a bike after not riding for many years and kept dropping his bike on tight turns. His problem was using the front brake and not turning his head. I lent him the dvd and he is much better now. Felt sorry to see him dropping a brand new bike.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I have had a few, Met the instructor in daytona a few times. I attempt to practice the skills whenever i can. If i'm taking a little ride, and come across an empty parking lot, I like to go practice figure 8's and tight turns, using the "friction Zone"
    I saw a video by Keith Cole, " the cornering bible" on this site, and have picked up some more tips.

You never stop learning, it can be done cheap and free, or you can spend some cash and have a trainer learn you up.
    I for one, would like to do a "police" motor officers training type course. I'ts just hard to find the time and money.

I want to go down and take one of the classes.
    Finding the time and riding 1300 miles to take it are the issues.
    For now,parking lots and practicing every chance I can will have to suffice.

Ride Like a Pro

I've seen some of his stuff and watched him at bike rallies. He is pretty funny, and has good dope. I have not really taken this bike into a lot and played yet, but it is on my list once I am back up and riding. They just paved a new lot across the street and it is empty because the building is not quite done. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B