J&M CB Radio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J&M CB Radio

Post J&M CB Radio

Has anyone installed a J&M CB Radio on the F6B yet? I have one from my previous bike and would like to install it on the new F6B. I am looking for a mounting bracket and possible instruction or direction on how to tie it into the existing radio.

The CB will work....I have had one on a 1500. Several friends have them now. If J& M does not have a chrome bracket for the F6, I can make it and have it chromed. How about the antenna? A license plate mount just would not look good on the F6. Any ideas??????

Your lucky to have one J&M CB is not available at present as the factory closed and they are not really compatible with the GL1800 although you could use the AUX in on the CB and feed it from the bike then use the CB headset connection, but why would you fit a unit like this when you can fit an OEM and have it integrated into the bike correctly
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

I think perhaps if one gets a mp3 rear rack that the antenna could be mounted there by drilling a small hole for the antenna shaft but that is just my 2 pennies worth.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Town Rider View Post
    The CB will work....I have had one on a 1500. Several friends have them now. If J& M does not have a chrome bracket for the F6, I can make it and have it chromed. How about the antenna? A license plate mount just would not look good on the F6. Any ideas??????

Does someone make a OEM cb radio for the f6b?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    Your lucky to have one J&M CB is not available at present as the factory closed and they are not really compatible with the GL1800 although you could use the AUX in on the CB and feed it from the bike then use the CB headset connection, but why would you fit a unit like this when you can fit an OEM and have it integrated into the bike correctly

Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

Works Great

I installed one of Pedro's kits on my F6B and it works great! I highly recommend if you want a CB on your F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    I may do that eventually but money is the issue right now. I just need a bracket to add it to the left handlebar area and I'm not having any luck with that. You guys are all real smart when it comes to fabrication ideas, what would you guys suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by CheckpointChcky View Post
    I may do that eventually but money is the issue right now. I just need a bracket to add it to the left handlebar area and I'm not having any luck with that. You guys are all real smart when it comes to fabrication ideas, what would you guys suggest?
    Personally as the top is missing off the controls on the F6B I think you will find the normal Honda mount would not be far off being right
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

I do agree with you....figment is a problem. You don't know of anyone in North Carolina who does your install of a CB radio do you?