This is why people are fleeing the Northeast - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is why people are fleeing the Northeast

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Keep an eye out on ebay, you can buy a brand new wheel with a brand new tire mounted up for 275.00. I've done it twice in the last 12 months.
    You hit that many nails? I will check that out, I have to say this is the first blowout in over 40 years of riding I've ever had so I consider myself lucky. Everything happens so fast yet you're in slow motion in a situation like this, that's the way it happened for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Wow looks like a pretty good size nail got ya-and ouch 389.00 for a rear tire.I assume they washed and waxed the rim too
    I never let them wash the bike, I don't know what cheap soap, filthy sponges and towels they'll use on it. I take it home and give it a proper wash and wax.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    You hit that many nails?.
    I ruined a tire, so I bought one. Wore that one out, bought another. So now I have a new OEM wheel and tire ready to go, a wheel with a car tire mounted, plus the one on the bike. At some point I may sell one of the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I ruined a tire, so I bought one. Wore that one out, bought another. So now I have a new OEM wheel and tire ready to go, a wheel with a car tire mounted, plus the one on the bike. At some point I may sell one of the wheels.
    That was just my weak attempt at being funny. Anyway, I checked ebay and nothing but I'll pop back now and then. It's a good idea to have a tire ready to roll.

shooter
    I have a rear wheel with a CT on it and a front with an OEM Stone on it for spares. Minimizes downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I have a rear wheel with a CT on it and a front with an OEM Stone on it for spares. Minimizes downtime.
    As the Boy Scouts say, "Estote Parati".

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Let me tell you something Doug. Number one I don't carry hi-cap magazines. These days its been a XDs in 45ACP. The mags only hold 5. So with 2 mags and the gun with mag I'm still only carrying 16. That's not a lot. And I don't like people putting limits on me. Its not like the movies where you shoot them one time and they fall over dead. You might have to shoot a crack head 3 or 4 times to keep him down. To each their own.
    Xds in 45 is also my choice for conceal/carry, have the campact in .45 also.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    If you can't kill them in 1 clip worth of bullets or get out of there by the end of one,you may have a problem.
    Isn't the time that you "may have a problem" the best time to have extra magazines?

FYI: Semi-auto pistols use magazines, not clips. And, you don't load bullets into clips or magazines, you load cartridges into them. Bullets are the projectiles.