General G-Max Autopsy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General G-Max Autopsy

General G-Max Autopsy

Just the facts!

Recently removing my G-Max after 30,300 miles of wear, I severed the tire to get a good glimpse of it construction. The Max has a single ply side wall and two plys of steel in the thread/tread. Had a "bitch" of a time cutting it but I finally won out using my "hacksaw" across the face. I was into the "wear bars" at the time of removal.

I leave little to chance as a Dark Sider and like to get and provide as much info/detail as I can on my experience. It removes all the "what if" by/from the critics

Here's some pics

Attachment 14102Attachment 14103Attachment 14104Attachment 14105Attachment 14106

30K sounds like a winner. Are you a scraper? Do you drive hard? Do you drive in all weather?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    30K sounds like a winner. Are you a scraper? Do you drive hard? Do you drive in all weather?
    No scraping! I drive 12 months out of the year! 6 months in NE Pa. and the remainder in North Central Fl. The tire was subjected to concrete, tar and chip and ultra smooth macadam road surfaces. At 66 years old I drive reasonable speeds! There's lots to see with what remains of my fading vision I like to lean the bike over without sparks flying

Thank you. Perfect data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Cool

Thanks for your time and effort !!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Another "Thank You" for your insight into the Dark Side world.

With 20 thousand or so miles on Car Tires I am confident in my Tire choice but always looking to gain more information.

I spent most of my money on women and motorcycles, the rest I just wasted!!

Interesting; thanks for posting Bob.

How does this remove all the "what if's" from critics?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Interesting; thanks for posting Bob.

How does this remove all the "what if's" from critics?
    Rumors of my demise from the use of a Car Tire have been greatly exaggerated. 30,300 miles and I'm alive and well. All aspects of my G-Max experience have been well documented with more detailed pics than one can imagine. I suspect that first hand knowledge might have people scratching their heads. Guess it would be like having a experience with a heal/toe shifter! Documented pics and a good narrative about the extra leverage and force applied to the internals of the trans and resultant damage are priceless and have changed the minds of those who thought a heal/toe add-on was the cats a$$.

Ah gotcha

Well keep us posted on your adventures with the new tire!

Just ordered the General G-max. Should be here in 4-5 days. Got a friend with a auto repair shop who will mount it for me. Do you Darksiders do the wheel balancing the conventional way with weights or use Ride-on or Balance beads?

John