An F6B derivative? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An F6B derivative?

I think it looks SWEEEET!!!!

It baffles me how owners of the 6 can call this bike butt ugly. It like two sisters who look pretty similar in height, weight, build, and facial structure.... but you call one gorgeous and the other butt ugly... I don't get it. Finding one more or less attractive than the other is one thing, but BUTT UGLY?????

Anyway, I do wonder where the mirrors are. I didn't see any large hi-res display in the quick shot of the dash, so I couldn't imagine how rearview cameras would work. Then again if the image is only brought up on demand the center screen would do. I also wonder what made them go with the outward facing exhaust...

One thing that I do like is the fact that the F6B has started a new category... the PERFORMANCE BAGGER!! While other manufacturers are focusing on blinged out chrome and deep metal flake paint jobs, Honda and BMW are making rockets powered sofas!

I like it.It is so obviously a copy of my F6B though ! Better performance,probably lot of gadgets and the BMW mark. All good .
    I imagine it will cost as much a 3 or 4 F6Bs and since I dont have that kind of money I cant say if I would buy it or sell my baby for it.
    As it is if it wins the race,the rider paid for it and I am quite happy with my girl.
    Not sure about the 'woody ' effect but yeah,I like it. It looks like my marvelous black baby.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    You guys that think it is "butt ugly" do realize that there are many who thought and still think the same of the F6B.
    .."you know Doug, that is why they make different color paint."
    So true.
    I can't wait to use that line.

Dudes c'mon, that's badass. Kudos to BMW for paying attention... but let's see how the production version looks, rides, works, etc.

The video is kinda overdone though; I'd rather have more bike shots and info than all the fluff showing us how cool and in touch they're trying to be

Looks more like a CTX1300 to me. Inline 6 seems like it would be top heavy.

Bet the paint doesn't rub off onto your rag...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Fuel tank area is ginormous. Front doesn't match the rear. Rear view is ugh. Hand position looks extremely high, like almost shoulder height. Dude has nice hair. It's ok but think the F6B is going to remain more desirable and most definitely affordable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    Bet the paint doesn't rub off onto your rag...
    I don't get this one. I never have had paint rub off on my rag. Yes the paint is soft, but are you using brillo pads?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

My black paint scratches when the wind blows,but I have never had any paint come off on a rag.
    Probably shouldn't wipe it down with Acetone to clean it.

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    I imagine it will cost as much a 3 or 4 F6Bs and since I dont have that kind of money ....
    I know everyone expects it to be priced like BMW cars, but that may not be the case. Several articles said that this will be to the K1600 as the F6B is to the Goldwing, and the K1600GT has a MSRP of $21650 in the USA (with cruise and ABS). Don't be surprised if this new bagger version is competitively priced with the F6B.