Why buy direct from the manufacturer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why buy direct from the manufacturer?

Why buy direct from the manufacturer?

I used to always buy direct from the manufacturer.
    Then it occurred to me, the manufacturer is wholesaling their products to parts selling businesses to achieve more sales.
    Most of the time buying direct from the manufacturer is significantly higher in cost.
    The reputable parts selling businesses still will replace and warranty parts,so what is the advantage to buy direct from the manufacturer?
    I know people that are dead set on buying direct no matter what the cost is.
    I never get a reasonable explanation as to why.

Doug

shooter
    Many times the part is cheaper through a wholesaler. Usually pay list from the manufacturer.

They usually have the part in stock.
    2013 F6B in black of course

MSRP. It's a recommended price. I can vouch in the firearm industry that manufacturers recommend a price for a handgun but the retailers are usually 15-20% below that number. You can buy direct but why would you? Retailers get to employ cost vs overhead. There are gun dealers near me that operate from their home. They are fully licensed but have ultra low overhead so the cost of a firearm is, most of the time, way below the Gander Mountains or Carter Country box stores.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

On occasion, however, MSRP is not recommended and authorized distributors are contractually obligated to not sell below it. In such cases you won't find price differences no matter where you buy.

On other occasions, like Dawadd said, sometimes only the mfg has stock.

Other times, like with certain electronics, I prefer to buy direct to (hopefully) ensure I get a unit updated with the most recent firmware or in the case with chemicals, the freshest batch.

"On occasion, however, MSRP is not recommended and authorized distributors are contractually obligated to not sell below it. In such cases you won't find price differences no matter where you buy."

I find this to be true on many items....Schuberth comes to mind
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Good stuff.

It would be hard to find a local dude specializing in F6B parts selling from his garage. My apologies for being a bit narrow minded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

All good Stro... a general question with hypothetical answers, anything goes

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    On occasion, however, MSRP is not recommended and authorized distributors are contractually obligated to not sell below it. In such cases you won't find price differences no matter where you buy.

On other occasions, like Dawadd said, sometimes only the mfg has stock.

Other times, like with certain electronics, I prefer to buy direct to (hopefully) ensure I get a unit updated with the most recent firmware or in the case with chemicals, the freshest batch.
    You have a point there George. Last year when I was wanting the chrome Rivco hwy pegs , Rivco was the only one that had them in stock. With a little whining they even gave me a slight discount. Great Company.

Depends on the company and product. Price, options and availability varies between manufacturer and reseller.