Bike Alarm
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike Alarm

shooter

Bike Alarm

I would like to put an alarm system on the B. Do any of you have one? What brand and do you like it. Any thoughts from the guys that don't have one. Its not something I'll use daily. I'm taking a trip in June where the bike will have to sit out at nights.

Cool

I am not a fan of alarms...no one pays attention to the sound... If I were interested I would look into, "TheTile" seems to be the biggest bang for the buck !!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_1rx5yb5lrr_e
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have not considered an alarm for my F6B...
    It's big and heavy, it would take more than one person to try to move it, with the steering locked, that much more difficult.
    Then What? Not like it would be easy to push up a ramp on a van or pickup?
    A professional thief would need to be able to compromise the steering lock / ignition, if so he could drive off with it.
    In my 30+ years of riding, I've never had more than a Kryptonite lock.

Plus, in another topic here, I believe I read that the Goldwing was the least stolen motorcycle.

I use a "disk" brake lock. The lock fits over the front disk, and when you turn the key, a locking pin goes thru one of the many hole in the disk, and also has a cable from the lock to the handle bar. Weighs about 2 lbs, and fits in my cubby. Comes in a small black storage bag.

The following statement may sound like I am joking,but I am not.
    I would not have an alarm on my F6B or any vehicle I own unless it came with it from the manufacturer.
    I still wouldn't use it.
    I pay a lot of money for insurance.
    Even if I heard it,I am not going out to fight or shoot a person trying to steal it.

Doug

shooter
    Doug I was wanting to use it for bait.

I use a Gorilla alarm with a pager (model 8017). It may not stop a thief, but it gives me piece of mind knowing the pager has not gone off. If I am nearby, I don't bother with the pager, I just set the alarm.

For fun, I added a two level proximity sensor. The outer perimeter just beeps lightly if you get real close. If someone tries to mount the bike the tighter perimeter triggers the alarm. It doesn't need to wait for a tilt or a bump.
    Albuquerque, NM

Just park next to a HD, they are much more likely to steal it than our 6.

Another Gorilla fan here!

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I use a Gorilla alarm with a pager (model 8017). It may not stop a thief, but it gives me piece of mind knowing the pager has not gone off. If I am nearby, I don't bother with the pager, I just set the alarm.

For fun, I added a two level proximity sensor. The outer perimeter just beeps lightly if you get real close. If someone tries to mount the bike the tighter perimeter triggers the alarm. It doesn't need to wait for a tilt or a bump.
    I use the Gorilla alarm for similar reasons--keeping caters and kids off my bike in parking lots and to reassure me that my Glock is still safely locked up when I leave it because I am in a cafe or bank where I cannot bring it with me. As to insurance, that's only good for uninsured motorists (we have a lot of them on the Left Coast) and the pros who can lift the bike into a truck quickly and quietly with a small crane.

I do like Shooter's suggestion to use the alarmed bike as bait, but again it is difficult to prove self defense when you've got a scoped rifle in your hand...especially here in hippy haven.

Dang it Shooter,
    you got to let me know!