Bike Alarm - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bike Alarm

shooter
    Doug a wise man once said "a man has got to know his limitations". For me with a handgun that's about 30 yards for a headshot.

A couple of my buddies have Scorpio. it works with your smart phone and so far they love it. I am thinking of getting this for my bike
    http://ridescorpio.com/

shooter
    Mayhem that's the one I like. To be able to monitor it with your phone.

Liberty Mutual

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I would like to put an alarm system on the B. Do any of you have one? What brand and do you like it. Any thoughts from the guys that don't have one. Its not something I'll use daily. I'm taking a trip in June where the bike will have to sit out at nights.
    Shooter that's what insurance is for so that your ride can get replaced. Several insurance outfits have replacement cost insurance. Like the man said, how many times have you heard alarms go off and everyone just goes on there way without taking a second look. If you want to pay for something worthwhile go with the replacement cost insurance, they even cover all your mods. No matter what alarm you put on if a thief wants it bad enough he is going to get it. Cover your azz with insurance/
    Beside that are you going to go storming out to save it and run into 5 big guy loading it into a pickup truck, if you do you had better have more than your dick in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I have not considered an alarm for my F6B...
    It's big and heavy, it would take more than one person to try to move it, with the steering locked, that much more difficult.
    Then What? Not like it would be easy to push up a ramp on a van or pickup?
    A professional thief would need to be able to compromise the steering lock / ignition, if so he could drive off with it.
    In my 30+ years of riding, I've never had more than a Kryptonite lock.

Plus, in another topic here, I believe I read that the Goldwing was the least stolen motorcycle.
    It cant be to hard they stole mine. And left the Harley behind

Quote Originally Posted by Heavvyduty View Post
    It cant be to hard they stole mine. And left the Harley behind
    Damn, you just shot a big hole in my rant!!
    But, truth be told, I steal the F6B and leave the Harley every time, just as long as it is a fast black one. <JK>

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Mayhem that's the one I like. To be able to monitor it with your phone.
    Yes Shooter, I like all the different applicants this system has, it has a proximity alert, an alert if your bike is moved you can remotely shut your bike down if you are jacked(like if someone would even dream of jacking me from my bike), also monitors your tire pressure, and maps your rides.
    I think for the money it is a nice system and my buddies really said it is a great system.

Here during Daytona bike weeks...the bad guys would pull up next to the bike they wanted...four guys would get out stick two 2x4's thru the wheels pick it up and shove it in the back of a van...gone.....20 seconds, max!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Here during Daytona bike weeks...the bad guys would pull up next to the bike they wanted...four guys would get out stick two 2x4's thru the wheels pick it up and shove it in the back of a van...gone.....20 seconds, max!
    Yeah, but you'd need a 2x8 for the F6B, don't think a 2x4 would do it.

shooter
    Might take more than 4 guys. I would want to be on the back 2x4.