This is why people are fleeing the Northeast

Thread: This is why people are fleeing the Northeast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is why people are fleeing the Northeast

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/24...rearms-dealer/

“That claim is based upon pure speculation, which is unsupported by any evidence,” the judge said. All law is based on speculation that "if" something happens then the law is triggered, but not good enough to support the claim. You can't wear the same firearm you're selling, for protection, but you can sell the same firearm to wear for protection is basically what he's saying, this lawyer in a black dress. Is it any wonder why it is one of the only professions condemned by Christ Himself.

That..and it gets too cold to ride for too long a period of time.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I agree. Also, I can't see any enjoyment from riding the F6 or any cycle in the middle of NYC, or any major city. When I travel, I plan routes around those places, even if it adds another 100 miles or more.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post

I did my time working outside at a rock quarry in NH in 1973-1974. I have experienced a -78 chill factor. Have not been back since. While moving back driving a U Haul, we stopped at a rest/fuel stop on the Jersey Turnpike at midnight. We met another couple that took a wrong turn coming thru town at 5 o'clock and just found their way out. They were doing construction on 95 and detoured you thru the Cross Bronx Expressway as I remember. NYC is a wonderful place to visit for 1 day at a time--if you happen to have a brother in law from Queens that drives you around. he's dead now, so........I pray I never have to drive or ride thru there again.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a good central location, not far from the ocean, mountains, or cities, and the summers are decent for the most part. The reasons I would move south would be the winters, which I can't take anymore...taxes, which drain us bad...and the crime rate which is pretty bad too. This OP has nothing at all to do with it. I understand about gun rights and am for it all, but it isn't the reason most move away. Actually, I don't know anyone who has moved for that reason. I shot a gun once in my life, in basic training, and have absolutely no use for them otherwise. The larger the city, the harder it is to get a license to carry. Small towns around me are a lot more lenient. I have two close women friends with permits. The reason most people move are for better jobs and a lower cost of living. I might be one of them if things turn out a certain way.

shooter
    Alright Duke now I'm jealous. When the wife and I go out I'm the one that has to 'pack'. Do you realize how heavy a 45 is with 2 extra clips. No wonder my back is bad. And here you are , you have 2 female bodyguards. I'm doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Alright Duke now I'm jealous. When the wife and I go out I'm the one that has to 'pack'. Do you realize how heavy a 45 is with 2 extra clips. No wonder my back is bad. And here you are , you have 2 female bodyguards. I'm doing something wrong.
    It's not quite like that, but you wouldn't toss either one out of bed for eating crackers! What do you do, prepare for war each time out? I thought it was dangerous where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Why do you carry two extra clips?
    I don't think you are going to hang out and be in a fire fight are you?
    If you can't kill them in 1 clip worth of bullets or get out of there by the end of one,you may have a problem.
    Re loading and firefights are in movies, not common in the real world.
    Well I guess in your world it may be that way.
    Doug