Your summer riding jackets - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Your summer riding jackets

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Luke is right. I have this same coat without the Goldwing logo. Joe Rocket fits true to size and quality is great.
    It is a nice fit, but I never could adjust to the back plate. But, it comes out easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Stro if you pony up the money and get the CE rated back protector it is flexible and very comfortable.

Try a Sastec back protector. It's a non-newtonian-fluid-like material (like silly putty): soft and pliable when bent slowly, but stiffens up when bent quick. You can move around with it on your back with zero restriction, but fall down/have an off and it becomes stiff and spreads the impact over a large area - just like armor is to do. I use it outside the normal "cheap" foam that comes in my gear. Cheap ($40), easy to cut/trim to size (sharp knife), and really VERY effective.

Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiDan View Post
    Try a Sastec back protector. It's a non-newtonian-fluid-like material (like silly putty): soft and pliable when bent slowly, but stiffens up when bent quick. You can move around with it on your back with zero restriction, but fall down/have an off and it becomes stiff and spreads the impact over a large area - just like armor is to do. I use it outside the normal "cheap" foam that comes in my gear. Cheap ($40), easy to cut/trim to size (sharp knife), and really VERY effective.
    Thanks, I didn't know this exists, I will try one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know this exists, I will try one!
    No problem! It's really pretty cool stuff... A bit stiff when it's cold, but warms up pretty quick and then molds and bends easily. But smack it or try to bend it quick - and it's stiff as a board!

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Franklin will be my longest trip ever and I will need at some moment in my 2400 plus mile trip a waterproof riding jacket. Tell me what you have, have had and hated, have had and wish you could find it. Seems I can get very lost in the online motorcycle websites like Revzilla with the diversity of jackets. I want something waterproof but light for summer riding. I ride year long in Houston and have an extremely adequate lined leather jacket for the below 50 days. I need something for warm/hot weather travels.

53 has clued me into BMG which at first I thought it was higher than giraffe azz. Then a visit to the online retailers and BMG suddenly appears to be middle of the road.

So tell me what you got.
    I have the Tourmaster Flex series and really like it. It has a mesh inner jacket for summer and a solid cortex shell as well as liners for warmth. I believe it is water resistant and not waterproof but with a taller windshield I would not be concerned. It also has a back pad, shoulder pads and elbow pads. I went down wearing a Tourmaster mesh jacket with pads and it held up well. No injuries to my elbows or shoulders. The mesh did not tear.