Your summer riding jackets

Thread: Your summer riding jackets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a Tourmaster mesh jacket that has a liner that I can put on underneath. I have never had it on in a rain so not sure how well it works. I do like the elbow and shoulder pads though.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

shooter
    Stro I have been using a Joe Rocket mesh for four years. The plastic liner that comes with it is useless. It will sweat you so bad that you may as well be in the rain. JR makes a dri-plus liner that is breathable and is the best combo I have used. Not cheap but well made. Mine us a little faded after four summers but still works great. I keep the liner in the saddlebag until needed. Revzilla has both.

Danke gang.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I switch between a Tour-Master and a Sedici. Both have the removable liners, and are mesh. The Sedici is very water-resistant, without the liner, and totally with it in place. It is slightly warmer than my Tour-master, as the Tour-Master has several zip-vents. Got the Sedici at Cycle- Gear, the other on-line, from Cruiser Customizing.

I had a basic jacket called Power Trip that cost about $150 three years ago. Used it year round, had a removable liner, all the vents you need, and it did it's job in my accident. It had two zippers...if you undid the outer, the inner would keep it closed but had an open mesh that breathed nicely in the heat. Of course, when you stop, it's going to get hot no matter what. You don't have to buy brand name to get a good one.

My next one will have white or yellow reflective stripes, don't care what it looks like.

I just ordered an Olympia Airglide 4. I too have a good leather- but really need warm weather protection. This has 2 liners- waterproof and insulating. Hasn't arrived yet.
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/o...glide-4-jacket

What about warm weather gloves? I need to get a new pair, I've been using BMW GS gloves for last several years, and now I can only find one of them. I don't think they make the same glove anymore. Ever see the results of a bare hand versus asphalt incident?

Can't Do Better

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    I just ordered an Olympia Airglide 4. I too have a good leather- but really need warm weather protection. This has 2 liners- waterproof and insulating. Hasn't arrived yet.
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/o...glide-4-jacket
    I use my Airglide about 80 percent of the time. Hi-vis color and is the only jacket I need on a trip of any kind and can handle just about any temperature...below 40 degrees I break out a heated liner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2013 F6B Motor Trike Raptor