Blindspot Mirror... help me out guys
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blindspot Mirror... help me out guys

Blindspot Mirror... help me out guys

I saw a bike the other day with Saeng mirrors and it made me rethink my Riderscan and believe something better is out there. As much as I love the Riderscan, there are two things that bug me:

1) checking blindspot is now a distinct two step process... check the mirror, look back at the road, check the blindspot.

2) the GPS on my RAM mount blocks the view

There's no way in hell I'm gonna pay for Saeng mirrors; $250! What are you guys using??

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I saw a bike the other day with Saeng mirrors and it made me rethink my Riderscan and believe something better is out there. As much as I love the Riderscan, there are two things that bug me:

1) checking blindspot is now a distinct two step process... check the mirror, look back at the road, check the blindspot.

There's no way in hell I'm gonna pay for Saeng mirrors; $250! What are you guys using??
    Ditch the gps

Aw man... no way

That is a butt ugly mirror......sorry lose the GPS or move it...

https://www.saeng.com/product.php?product_pk1=253
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

It kinda is huh! Can you believe the price they're asking for those?

What caught my attention is that they're nice and bigger than the small stick on mirrors and they don't consume real estate on the OEM mirrors. And they can be adjusted to however you want.

Blindspot mirrors are pretty important to me on a bike, essential, actually. I did quite a lot of hunting tonight and failed to find anything with the right blend of form that I like and function that I want.

This is a project in the making. Watch this spot for a custom set of mirrors coming...

I just use the $3.50 round convex rotatable mirror that attaches to the side mirror via double sided tape. It can be adjusted to give you 180 degree rear view from where your peripheral vision runs out. I used these on my bm before the F6B and would not be without them.

Cheers Chris

Attachment 14202

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    I just use the $3.50 round convex rotatable mirror that attaches to the side mirror via double sided tape. It can be adjusted to give you 180 degree rear view from where your peripheral vision runs out. I used these on my bm before the F6B and would not be without them.

Cheers Chris

Attachment 14202
    Adjustable? Got a link or part number?

Solution - Get one of these GPS mounts.................

Mounts to underside of dash, no holes or drilling. Doesn't block instruments. Includes tether to secure GPS. 2 sizes of mounting disc - 65mm and 80mm. PM me if interested for price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Adjustable? Got a link or part number?
    I bought a set like these from cycle gear I think they were on sale for $7. I searched and came up with this SKU : web1004799, they're down to $6 now. I put them on my old NC700X. Then when I got the 6 I got a set that has a different shape from a non-sponsored site.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

shooter

George I use my neck and turn my head. Its a new concept I realize.