Blindspot Mirror... help me out guys - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blindspot Mirror... help me out guys

[QUOTE=bobbyf6b;80603]I drive for a living and, although it's personal preference, I call BS on that information. If you cannot see a little bit of your vehicle in the mirror then you have no point of reference as to where other vehicles are located around you. You also can't see what is directly behind you. Big trucks and motorcycles have no center rear view mirror. That's why trucks have spot mirrors, to see to the side. You also won't be able to see emergency vehicles coming up behind you. I think it's a very UNSAFE practice to put your mirrors out that far. Turn your head! But like I said, it's personal preference.[/

I don't drive a truck or any vehicle that does not have a rear view mirror in the center,except a motorcycle.
    Having the center rear view mirror gives me the capability to see vehicles on both sides and directly behind me.
    I drove a dump truck and totally understand needing to be able to see part of the truck as point of reference due to not having a center mirror.
    Again,I was talking about vehicles equipped with a center rear view mirror.
    As far as a motorcycle,on mine at least,you can not adjust the mirror out far enough to not see part of yourself and behind you,so that is a moot point.
    When I am talking about setting the side mirrors on a car,I am not talking about setting them so far out that you are not seeing the lane next to you either.
    I am saying that by having them out just past seeing the side of your car makes it to be able to see the lane next to you totally.

Doug

I wasn't trying to jump all over you Doug. Sorry if my post was a little harsh. I have to remember that a lot of riders also drive cages. I go from bike to truck to bike.

My favorite mirror in high school was the Wink mirror. I could see everything. Might look a bit silly mounted to the shield of the B though.

Attachment 14279

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I wasn't trying to jump all over you Doug. Sorry if my post was a little harsh. I have to remember that a lot of riders also drive cages. I go from bike to truck to bike.

My favorite mirror in high school was the Wink mirror. I could see everything. Might look a bit silly mounted to the shield of the B though.

Attachment 14279
    I didn't take it like you were jumping on me at all.
    No worries.
    That mirror in the photo is what I had in both my side by sides when I had them.

Doug

Well I solved my problem. Going from a 6 inch RAM arm to a 3 inch tucks my GPS down and out of the way.

Now that my Riderscan has a full unobstructed view again, I've fallen back in LOVE with it. After taking a fair look at available blindspot mirrors... I'm back to believing this is the best option goin.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I didn't take it like you were jumping on me at all.
    No worries.
    That mirror in the photo is what I had in both my side by sides when I had them.

Doug
    Hey !!! I had a mirror like that in my Bronco...loved it!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Looks like it doubles as a sun visor

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I think blind spot mirrors of any kind are annoying.
    If you adjust your mirrors correctly,the blind spot is all but eliminated.
    According to experts most people adjust their vehicle mirrors incorrectly.
    You should not be able to see any portion of your vehicle.
    The mirror should be adjusted just past this point.
    On a motorcycle you will still see a bit of yourself,but should not see mostly you.
    I will find the article and post it later.(hopefully I will find it)

Doug
    Not sure now where I learned it but I was taught to sit in the center, front and adjust your mirrors( out side mirrors)...they would be perfect....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Now that you mention sitting in the center to adjust,I believe when I was in drivers ed the instructor said something like that.
    I don't know why that seems to be what I remember,but that sounds correct.

Doug

This might help get GPS out of the way; I really like mine:

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index...&products_id=8

Those are badass Rich; if the 3 inch RAM arm didn't work I might go to something like that or what Travellor has.