Now I'm really pissed off - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now I'm really pissed off

Chris, if this is your biggest problem, then you're in luck because this is an easy work around. Not just a work around, but a proper and safe solution as good or better that Honda OEM.

Here's a basic diagram to get you started; I told you it was easy huh.

The Sumitomo MT Sealed series is a connector that should work well in dirty and wet environments. For splicing wires together, use Posi-Locks. You should be able to find spade lugs for connecting onto the relay. Use automotive grade heatshrink to cover as much of the wiring as possible. The service manual will tell you *exactly* where the OEM foglight wiring is routed through the bike; I suggest following this route.

By all means, maintain respect and awareness of electricity AT ALL TIMES... in EVERYTHING you do. With a little Google, a little research, and maybe a friend who has done some wiring... this is a cakewalk.

OR... if you'd rather not bother, take your bike to any automotive audio installer and they can do this in their sleep.

Good news, bad news......

The black four pin connector is in the rubber boot behind the radio, but two pins are missing.
    The green earth wire is there, as is the brown/white wire from the tail light relay.
    What's missing is the brown/blue wire feed to the lights and the blue high beam trigger wire.

The light wire is not insurmountable, but I'm not sure on the high beam wire.

Guys, you are all gems. I'll have a talk with the elec mech and i'm sure we will have a solution here.

Thanks to each and all for your help.

Chris

Oh and by the way, I've just ordered a Mustang tripper tuck and roll (had to take out a second mortgage) so watch this space.............hope it's not too difficult to fit!

Chris