Any Bourbon lovers in here?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Bourbon lovers in here?

Any Bourbon lovers in here?

I have been a Vodka drinker for years, and I still like the stuff. However, about a year ago, a good friend came up to my mountain house armed with a bottle of "Bookers" single barrel bourbon. He re-introduced me to Bourbon, really good bourbon. A year later, he has basically created a monster. I have over 30 bottles of small batch, and single barrel bourbons. These bottles range in price from $450 to $20. It has been a new adventure trying to locate some of the small release high end bottles. Once you migrate away from the bottom shelf bourbons and sample some of those on the top shelf, you may just be as amazed as I was.

If you are interested in discovering the reason that the whole world has gone nuts over bourbon, then you should educate yourself with this video. It is pretty damn interesting. It is so damn weird that 5 or 6 years ago, bourbon wasn't that big a deal but thanks to folks like Elmer T Lee, it is a whole new game., Watch the video and find out who Elmer T Lee and Elijah Craig are.

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx7u...zL5zR5giUCc4tQ

Well you know I am a fan.....FYI...Bookers was the first offering ever from a barrel to a bottle, full strength uncut...in my terms, " it will knock the hair off of it"...no matter what "it"...Great bourbon, top three in my book !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Well you know I am a fan.....FYI...Bookers was the first offering ever from a barrel to a bottle, full strength uncut...in my terms, " it will know the hair off of it"...no matter what "it"...Great bourbon, top three in my book !!!
    Yeah, and you are the guilty party that I was refering to. Thanks a lot pal, you have cost me a small fortune! By the way, my business partner from Kentucky told me last night that he was able to get me a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 13 year old Rye! I should have it in a few days. I still haven't been able to find The Elijah Craig barrel proof release #8, it is unobtainium in Savannah. John is checking some of his contacts in Louisville, Ky for me.

OK, guys...spirited riding, no problem. Spirits riding, fugetaboutit .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    OK, guys...spirited riding, no problem. Spirits riding, fugetaboutit .

Ken, you forget.....I have pictures and I still have a partial bottle of EverClear

I enjoy Bourbon, not sure I am up to par with your tastes.

I have been drinking Woodford Reserve Double Oaked for about 2 years, I like it, I know some do not, but it is comfortably in my price range.
    Steve K
    M61A1MECH
    Doctor Goldwing, has the antidote for the blues
    And the Lord said " Thou shalt have dominion over all the animals, except of course the cat."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Ken, you forget.....I have pictures and I still have a partial bottle of EverClear
    Why, Jimmy? I have no idea what you're talking about . Well, at least, I don't remember anything about it
    Ken (Hornblower)

I like my scotches.....most bourbons I find too sweet.
    However, I am willing to try new and interesting adult beverages.
    Slainte!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by M61A1MECH View Post
    I enjoy Bourbon, not sure I am up to par with your tastes.

I have been drinking Woodford Reserve Double Oaked for about 2 years, I like it, I know some do not, but it is comfortably in my price range.
    Woodford is an outstanding bourbon. It is a wonderful go to bourbon for all occasions. It is the offical bourbon of the Kentucky Derby, and that says alot right there. What I was refering to was sipping some of the single barrel and cask strength bourbons. Not talking about getting plastered, but sampling the flavors of the different ones. Especally drinking (sipping) it neat or with a piece of ice. However some of the higher proof bottles like Bookers at 127 proof and Elijah Craig at 138 proof, you might want to tone down with a splash of water or Ginger ale.

Cool

The best thing about bourbon is you don't have to have your pinky finger in the air !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com