Any Bourbon lovers in here? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Bourbon lovers in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    The best thing about bourbon is you don't have to have your pinky finger in the air !!!
    Yeah but too much and your feet will be in the air! ha ha

Steve, I promise you that you were here for this bourbon tasting party, just not sure if you remember............

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Yeah but too much and your feet will be in the air! ha ha

Steve, I promise you that you were here for this bourbon tasting party, just not sure if you remember............
    Damn....I know it wasn't this "Steve." I would have remembered.
    But now I know where to go.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Woodford is an outstanding bourbon. It is a wonderful go to bourbon for all occasions. It is the offical bourbon of the Kentucky Derby, and that says alot right there. What I was refering to was sipping some of the single barrel and cask strength bourbons. Not talking about getting plastered, but sampling the flavors of the different ones. Especally drinking (sipping) it neat or with a piece of ice. However some of the higher proof bottles like Bookers at 127 proof and Elijah Craig at 138 proof, you might want to tone down with a splash of water or Ginger ale.
    OK now I am with you, so tell what do say or think when you are at a bar and ask what Bourbons do you have and they offer Jack Daniels?

I normally hold my tongue, but have been known to have a few conversations about JD not being a Bourbon.
    Steve K
    M61A1MECH
    Doctor Goldwing, has the antidote for the blues
    And the Lord said " Thou shalt have dominion over all the animals, except of course the cat."

Kessler's here.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Used to like bourbon and scotch---but here lately

I like moonshine. Seriously. Troy and Son out of Asheville and Broadslab from Benson are two of my choices-Old Smokey Distilery is a distant 3rd placeAttachment 14252. In the Smokie Mountains last weekend, my buddy got me a full gallon of illegal straight from Kentucky shine---$60 for a gallon. I am in heaven--for a few weeks at least.

Seriously--- I also love a certain Vodka by the name of Covington. It is made about 2 miles from my home (no name on the building and no indication of what is inside or goes on there) and sells here in NC for a$30 for a 750ml. BEST STUFF IN THE WORLD---made from sweet potatoes. At a competition in Europe it was voted best Vodka by international judges going against the worlds best. They say it takes 20 lbs of sweet potatoes to make one bottle.

http://media.visitnc.com/news/nc-swe...al-competition

http://www.ourstate.com/sweet-potato-vodka/

http://www.covingtonvodka.com/contact.html
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by M61A1MECH View Post
    OK now I am with you, so tell what do say or think when you are at a bar and ask what Bourbons do you have and they offer Jack Daniels?

I normally hold my tongue, but have been known to have a few conversations about JD not being a Bourbon.

JD would be a whiskey that you could use a mixer w/...... not a sippin whiskey....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I'm not really a hard liquor drinker, love me a good Long Island Ice Tea or beer but I have thought about trying bourbon. Have you ever tried Knob Creek and if so, what did you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Cool

Everybody has different tastes...for me... I prefer sweet, over 120 proof and under 12 years of age......ummmm that did not sound right.... whiskey, cold, women hot and over 30 yoa....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I'm not really a hard liquor drinker, love me a good Long Island Ice Tea or beer but I have thought about trying bourbon. Have you ever tried Knob Creek and if so, what did you think?

Knnob Creek in the Black label , is a single barrel bourbon... nothing wrong with that one...I like it !!!! Some of the best bourbons out there IMHO are under $40 !!! believe it or not !

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Everybody has different tastes...for me... I prefer sweet, over 120 proof and under 12 years of age......ummmm that did not sound right.... whiskey, cold, women hot and over 30 yoa....
    I like sweet also! What would be a good sweet bourbon? I used to like Southern Comfort when I was a teenager because it was sweet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994