Looking for a F6B - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a F6B

Quote Originally Posted by micksak View Post
    Wow. First post and I get flamed. Thanks! In case you hadn't noticed, Honda has gotten scorched on this F6B project in spite of how great the bike is. The devil is in the details. There is a reason why almost every Honda dealer has at least one and in many cases multiple leftover 2013s, brand new, that they can't seem to give away. There is also a reason why they added cruise to the 2015 model. Think about it on your flat straight prairie rides and come visit me in the Pacific Northwest!
    Hey mick.............nevermind

I am not going to agree or dis-agree with some of the above posts just to stay neutral, but this great bike is NOT selling anywhere as well as Honda thought it might and therefore it may be "doomed"...The Valkyrie is also just setting on showroom floors along with the GW and F6B...Ask yourself why???...Meanwhile, Harleys are selling, for the most part, for full retail, Victory and Indian bikes are selling well and getting decent prices.....I love my F6B and plan to keep it, but something tells me Ma Honda better get their act together as the GW is starting to be outdated, BMW and HD are introducing new Touring bikes, etc. and Polaris is moving forward with new Touring bikes...JMHO...

Wow. First post and I get flamed. Thanks! In case you hadn't noticed, Honda has gotten scorched on this F6B project in spite of how great the bike is. The devil is in the details. There is a reason why almost every Honda dealer has at least one and in many cases multiple leftover 2013s, brand new, that they can't seem to give away. There is also a reason why they added cruise to the 2015 model. Think about it on your flat straight prairie rides and come visit me in the Pacific Northwest!
    I wouldn't say you got flamed. For your first post you kind of invited someone to disagree with you. Come on now.

You put out some very opinionated observations and you're going to get hurt that someone disagrees with you?

You put a deposit down on a 15 because of the cruise, then good for you. Congratulations. I don't think anyone here would argue that point.

The absence of cruise was not a deterrent for me. In your post you make a reference to "flat straight prairie rides" and make an invite to come visit you in the Pacific Northwest. Am I to assume you are saying you spend all your time on crooked roads? Just wondering, because that is exactly the reason I don't really feel a need for cruise control. It would very seldom be of use to me. Adding Cruise in the future may be what I do, but with my throttle Boss on the Kury grips, I never feel fatigued in my right hand.

Honda's lack of R&D? Don't know about that one. Did they make a tactical error in leaving off the cruise on the F6B? I'd say most here would agree with that.

The dealer where I bought mine, can't keep the 13 F6Bs in longer than 2 weeks. He sells them as fast as he brings them in. I know he seems to be an anomaly , but it is what it is.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I don't consider the F6B a "touring bike" - no trunk? No tour.
    I don't need (or want) cruise control. (My truck doesn't have it either)
    F6B's less than 1000 pounds so reverse isn't a requirement.
    I don't particularly care for ABS either - I'm an "above average" rider.

Done over 1000 miles in a day on her, no hand fatigue, no ass fatigue.

She is a "heavy cruiser" as determined by Cycle World and lives up to that moniker quite readily.

Is Honda "taking a bath" on this? I haven't picked up my copy of Barron's or Forbes yet, but I haven't read anything to support or deny that statement.
    I don't know how many 13s/14s are still out there, "new-in-box."
    I know the F6C hasn't sold well, but again, how many are still awaiting to be sold?

The F6B is a niche bike. The poll of "Age of Owners" combined with the data from "What was your previous bike?" poll shows it very well.
    The next poll would be "What was the Total Amount of your combined W2s last year?" to tell the story as well.

All y'all ride safely -be it with the "amber waves of grain" in Kansas or in the twisties in those "purple mountains majesty."
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Hello all. This is my first post on this forum. Just put a deposit on a new '15 Deluxe matte silver yesterday! Will be delivered next week. I'm in the Spokane area and did a lot of price research. Best price anywhere appears to Russellville AK. $17985 for a '15 deluxe. Not bad. Was considering it but decided to buy local for $19669 which is invoice less the current $500 Honda BB incentive. After calculating the cost of a flight to AK and a 2000 mile ride with hotels and such, not to mention the time, wear and tear on the machine from an exciting ride through Kansas, it just wasn't worth it to me. I almost never buy new, but I passed on a number of 2013 standards for cheap. Honda really shot themselves in the foot developing this bike. Bad R&D. Went overboard stripping down the wing. I mean who wants a bike like this without cruise control? Anyway, enough of that. I'm willing to pay a little more to have this badass space ship in my garage. Girlfriend loves the back seat. She's used to riding on a BMW RT. The new bagger will be added to my current stable of seven. Need to thin the herd I think. Anyone looking for a super clean VFR800? Ha!
    Welcome from another fng

Welcome DC1503.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Welcome DC1503.
    Thanks !

Welcome DC1503.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC1503 View Post
    Thanks !
    Hey...wait a minute...I already welcomed you....I take that second one back! I might need it later today for the next fng.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1503 View Post
    First off, i'm new here. been lurking for a couple weeks, and i've Been going back and fourth between new 13's and new 15's, as well as used. Guess it's the time of year, but i'm not seeing the good deals in my area, that some of you have been able to get. i'm in eastern NC and no one wants to deal !
    Welcome to the forums.....you'll get to know the names of some of the dealerships here that are good to go, as well as perhaps a member who is selling their scoot.

Keep checking in and around....as the '16s make their appearance, the used 13/14s may make an appearance as well.
    Cheers!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

I'll get some pics up tomorrow. While I was there, a guy from Savannah bought one of his two leftover 13's in black. Love my cruise control! Used it quite a few times today. First time ever on a motorcycle for me! Cruise that is. Had several people asking about it on the way back home!

Congrats !