Fork Braces
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fork Braces

Fork Braces

Last couple times I was riding in warmer/humid weather around here, I noticed/felt a slight "twitch", mostly at slower speeds, when the front forks hit a few "tar snakes" in the lousy roads in Michigan..Not real bad, but felt more when I was slightly turning or changing lanes on occasion....Wonder if the installation of a fork brace helps with this issue or maybe I am just imagining this. Usually run 40psi in front tire as this pressure seems to be okay....Did not notice this last year as I remember....Any advise appreciated.....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Last couple times I was riding in warmer/humid weather around here, I noticed/felt a slight "twitch", mostly at slower speeds, when the front forks hit a few "tar snakes" in the lousy roads in Michigan..Not real bad, but felt more when I was slightly turning or changing lanes on occasion....Wonder if the installation of a fork brace helps with this issue or maybe I am just imagining this. Usually run 40psi in front tire as this pressure seems to be okay....Did not notice this last year as I remember....Any advise appreciated.....
    opas, tar snakes can get ya fork brace or not. That said, I still think my bike rides better with one than without. I know others feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    opas, tar snakes can get ya fork brace or not. That said, I still think my bike rides better with one than without. I know others feel the same way.
    +1

My front end is more stable over potholes and bumps with a brace.
    I can't speak for tar snakes.

I fitted a Kuryakyn Gen 2 chrome brace and i believe it helps to stabilise the front end, also looks good. I think it was a good add on.
    Sorry for the quality of the pics and the fact that you have to lie down to see them, haven't found out how to turn the pics around.

Chris

DSCN2377.jpgDSCN2371.jpg

They do make a difference

Do they make a $200 difference is up for discussion, but yes it does track better. Got mine straight from Superbrace-----then found them for $35 less from Wingstuff figuring shipping costs.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They do help .....

P.S. Cosborn.... before uploading the pic's...click on edit and look for the dancing arrows or a arrow showing rotation ...get them in the attitude you want then paste...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ta Steve, there will be no stopping me now.

Chris

I figure anything to reduce front end flex has to be a good thing
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    I fitted a Kuryakyn Gen 2 chrome brace and i believe it helps to stabilise the front end, also looks good. I think it was a good add on.
    Sorry for the quality of the pics and the fact that you have to lie down to see them, haven't found out how to turn the pics around.

Chris

Attachment 14266Attachment 14267
    Wow, it really handles those turns good (just kidding, but thanks for the pics).
    ss^,
    Ken