I think I want a F6B, convince me.
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I want a F6B, convince me.

I think I want a F6B, convince me.

As I stated in another post. I have been on here a week. I have not rode in 4 years, but I have the itch again. I had back surgery 5 years ago. I have been riding Harleys since the early 90's, had 3 the last one being a Electra Glide Classic. Since the surgery I am unable to ride continuously for more than an hour without pain, even with a drivers backrest, due to the vibrations and harder ride. Will the F6B be the bike I can ride. Looking for input from ex Harley guys.

I think so.
    Older I am. I got back problems and other stuff, but the F6B is good with factory seat and Rivco pegs for me. Owned a lot of scoots ( all brands ). F6B WORKS !! Only you know your health and body.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    As I stated in another post. I have been on here a week. I have not rode in 4 years, but I have the itch again. I had back surgery 5 years ago. I have been riding Harleys since the early 90's, had 3 the last one being a Electra Glide Classic. Since the surgery I am unable to ride continuously for more than an hour without pain, even with a drivers backrest, due to the vibrations and harder ride. Will the F6B be the bike I can ride. Looking for input from ex Harley guys.

Welcome O. You want one because it is a smooth operator. Flat 6 has plenty of power. I have embarrassed a few HDs and stunned a couple others. Seating position is excellent and the stock seat is very comfortable. Plus you have this awesome forum and a new batch of friends instantly. Go drive one but don't take the wife if you are on the fence. She will knock you off into the buy side of the yard.

Welcome again O.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Have your local dealer set you up with a test ride, then you can convince yourself.

Does the flat 6 generate a lot of heat. On hot days with the Harley you not only get the heat from the day but the engine heat rises up making it twice as bad.

shooter
    I don't care if you get one or not. Leaves more for the guys that really want them. Just kidding. Kind of. You shouldn't let anyone talk you into something. Your choice should be based on fact and experience. Having said that , if you think you will like a 'riders' motorcycle and can handle a big bike with gobs of power , the B may be for you.

Does the flat 6 generate a lot of heat. On hot days with the Harley you not only get the heat from the day but the engine heat rises up making it twice as bad.
    Really, really hot day, with the wind just right, you can feel some heat, but not like a Harley, and your girl friend/wife won't have a thermal melt down (unless you want such).

No one can convince you but yourself...Arrange a test ride with a dealer and you will not want to look at anything else once you return from riding the best bike out there for the money!!!.....Good Luck...No comparison to a HD in my opinion,,,,

I sold my ultra classic last year and bought an f6.....worst decision ever...said no one ever .....really I wish I had found the f6 10 years ago when I bought my Harley....so smooth you could sit your cup of coffee on your upper shelter.....though it might scratch the paint.....the heat is way better than a Harley...although the vents you see on the outer fairing are where the air goes after it passes through the radiator so if you tend to kick your knee out while riding it will catch the hit air and throw it up in your chest
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

I have missed riding since the day I sold my Harley. But it was brutal on my back. Then I seen a Progressive or Geico motorcycle insurance commercial , can't remember and I said what is that bike. Did some research and now I'm here. The cost of the F6B won't put you in the poor house either. At 55 I have nothing to prove anymore, not that I did before anyhow. I just want to ride again if I can. I also really like the styling of the F6B.