Traffic lights won't trigger to green
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traffic lights won't trigger to green

Traffic lights won't trigger to green

I know this topic has had to be covered before, but I can't find it during a search.
    I can not get most traffic lights to trigger to green when sitting at them waiting.
    Has anyone figured out a way to get them to change?
    I tried the super strog magnets being mounted underneath my Royal Star Venture.
    Those only worked if the sensors were in the pavement and only about 50% of the time at best.
    In Illinois you can turn left on red if it doesn't trigger.
    That doesn't help if you want to go straight.

Doug

Can't speak for all states, but here you can also go through the red light after a reasonable stop and obviously when safe to do so. It's an aggravation for sure, esp. if it's a busy intersection and it's not too safe.

Are you centered on the loop? Or do you stop on the seam that is running parallel with your line of travel? Holding over the perpendicular seam does not work very well. Placement directly over the parallel seam is the only best option. Even performing that there are one or two that seem to be against my will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Some you can't even see the seams. Luckily, you can go through in WA state.
    2013 F6b Deluxe Black
    2000 Confederate Confederado
    1951 Harley Davidson Hydraglide

Most of my goldwings never had a problem , my understanding its a magnetic field that sense's the presence of a vehicle . Here in PA with my lite bikes never seems to trigger the lights . I have tried the rare earth magnets from a hard drive stuck to the bottom of a bike that was a no go .

I've tried rolling back and forth, just about everything. Keep in mind, I had an M109, so I guess this bike isn't any different.

PA currently has legislation pending on this topic. You can be cited for going through a red and you can be cited for getting off your bike to push the sidewalk button. I know the lights in my area that do not work for motorcycles and I make right turns when caught.

This does not answer your original question though. I have tried to use different positioning to affect the sensors in the road. I have tried turing the engine off and on to create an electrical pulse. Neither of these seem to work. The only thing that works is to move forward enough so that the car behind can move up and trigger the sensor. This does not help anyone studk at a light with no other traffic around.

As a side note, If I had to go through a red light because it would not change AND if a cop tried to cite me, I would think that a case could be made for the light malfunctioning since the sensor did not detect my presence.

Doc
    Doc

1998 Suzuki GS500E (Sold)
    2001 Yamaha VS250 Virago (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King (Sold)
    2013 Honda GL1800BD F6B (Sold)
    2013 Honda CB500F
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
    2016 Honda GL1800

Don't know about you folks and your areas, but these days it appears traffic citations are a thing of the past. I see so many red light runners, stop sign blow offs, turning left from the right lane and on and on. Never do the police seem interested in these offences. I was nearly T-BONED yesterday in my cage turning left into the golf course. I get the green arrow and a Chrysler 300 driver, jerking themselves off, blows through the opposing red light. I have seen this several times and was ready for it. Crazy drivers around here in Houston.

Chrysler 300 drivers are the worst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I have heard that installing oil filter magnets help. Hard to come by any iron in all the Tupperware and aluminum on the B.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Belly pan helps.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe