I think I want a F6B, convince me. - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: I think I want a F6B, convince me.

In the case of these Harley alarm fobs, since no interaction is needed, it seems to me that Harley designed them to transmit continually at fixed intervals like a TPMS sensor. Further, if this is the case, they would have to program the intervals to be SMALL; I mean who wants to sit on their bike for 5 minutes waiting for the next transmission.

The interval is probably 5 or 10 seconds... and unless they're using a big honkin battery, this will indeed drain one in a short while; 6 months to 2 years is not unreasonable. This is what I mean when I said it might be a poor design. If they just put a button on it the darn thing could easily last 10 years between battery changes.

I'm not making a statement about Harley, per se; I'm just making a conjectured observation.

shooter
    Oh no. Another TPMS thread!!!

Gawd Shooter, you're such a thread jacker.

So Greg, let us know when we can officially welcome you aboard

shooter
    Seriously , nice of the dealership guy to offer his bike for a ride. They won't do that around here. Bought the 9 and the B without ever riding one. They have s Can Am demo next week but I'll be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    As I stated in another post. I have been on here a week. I have not rode in 4 years, but I have the itch again. I had back surgery 5 years ago. I have been riding Harleys since the early 90's, had 3 the last one being a Electra Glide Classic. Since the surgery I am unable to ride continuously for more than an hour without pain, even with a drivers backrest, due to the vibrations and harder ride. Will the F6B be the bike I can ride. Looking for input from ex Harley guys.
    So, I hate to be a spoil sport but I think I have some pertinent information for you. I replaced my ST1300 with the F6b about two months ago because the ST was hurting my hips and knees. It did not however give me any spine problems. After several rides over 100 miles on the F6B I found that it is bothering my spine and not my hips. I am sure my spine is bothered because of the seating position and my spine taking all the bumps when the jarring to my body was spread out on the ST. I have been told by Goldwing riders that a back rest is crucial though I don't have one yet. I am researching seats (Mustang, Ultimate, Corbin) hoping for more lower back support. The stock seat has none, in fact I find myself typically sitting in such a position that the top of my butt is pushing against the slant at the back of the seat causing discomfort there as well.

Because of these issues I put the F6b up for sale one month after buying it but have since reconsidered and took the add down. I am still trying to sell my ST1300 that is in beautiful condition. I have found the F6B to be the best motorcycle I have ever ridden. Now I have to cure my back issue with a new seat and back rest or I may have two motorcycles for sale. I am 60 years old and if I can't get the F6B to work I am done riding.

I had no idea G; Hope you find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Seriously , nice of the dealership guy to offer his bike for a ride. They won't do that around here. Bought the 9 and the B without ever riding one. They have s Can Am demo next week but I'll be gone.
    Don't pretend to be on topic now, it's too late.

Well I did it I put a $500.00 deposit on a Black 2013 F6B standard, but it won't come in until the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    So you will blame the bike for a stupid rider? Like I said, BS, my PIN is set...

And quoting a 6 year old post, too funny...
    yup. like there aren't any 6 year old harleys.... you DO know harleys last a bit longer than that, don't you?

do your own research. This will get you started.

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/genera...frequency.html

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/el...m-02-flhr.html

And to Greg- CONGRATS! You won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Well I did it I put a $500.00 deposit on a Black 2013 F6B standard, but it won't come in until the end of the month.
    Big congrats !

Welcome to the legend known as... GL1800!