I think I want a F6B, convince me. - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I want a F6B, convince me.

Why? Ride what you like, it's not the Church of Honda. I rode Harleys for 12 years, owned three and when I finally got tired of chrome as a substitute for good engineering took a spin on an f6. It beat Harley in every category except two, Harley has better paint and Harley makes the fastest t shirts in the business. Let the ride decide my friend.
    ss^,
    Ken

Greg,
    Per your request - from an HD rider:
    - Two herniated discs.
    - Still have my '95 FLSTN - original soft tail shock thingy.
    - I ride both.
    - Harley ride is "firmer."
    - Done 1000 mile days on both. Less motrin required with the 6.

Now - do what the others suggest: go ride one. Have them put the rear pre-load on the "comfy" setting, see what you think.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

shooter
    You guys are trying too hard. He wants someone to beg him. I hope he buys another HD. That way when I blow past him he will have something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Does the flat 6 generate a lot of heat. On hot days with the Harley you not only get the heat from the day but the engine heat rises up making it twice as bad.
    I traded my 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom (attached) because of the unbearable heat, especially in traffic, for a 2013 F6B. There is no comparison in the two as the F6B is far superior in evacuating the heat with two radiators and a high speed fan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I came from a 2013 road glide custom. You will love the smooth power and ride of this bike. Although me personally am prob going back to harley. Trust me you will love this bike. I'm only prob gonna go back to harley for fitment issues. At 6ft3 235. I can't get comfy on this bike I also miss the sound of the hd. But I'm gonna say this. I can't say enough good about this f6b Powerful. Smooth. Fast. Smooth smooth smooth. And after back surgery. that's whAt you want

I traded my F6B after 1.5 years. I went back to HD. The new Rushmore bikes are fantastic. Love the paint, the accessories, the factory seat, the awesome radio, the adjustable shift lever, no key to fish for, cruise control, great factory sound and the 6th gear and my removable tour pak. The only thing the F6B was better was awesome acceleration. I found the F6B to be Honda Accord like. I knew it was not gonna give me any trouble, but no excitement for me. Demo everything you are interested in, and then buy something and go ride...

2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    You guys are trying too hard. He wants someone to beg him. I hope he buys another HD. That way when I blow past him he will have something to complain about.
    Ah perverse psychology.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Guess you and I think differently....I thought his assessment was fair. He liked the 6 but it wasn't the bike for him. Underhanded or not, it's his opinion, and that's what the OP is looking for. I'm sure he expected a 99.9% approval rate on this forum...here's the .1!

This was a response to flatbagger, now his is gone...nevermind!

Chipmaker,
    If your Harley is so wonderful why don't you go to a Harley forum?
    You never seem to have much good to say about F6Bs yet you feel a need to remain on the F6B forum.
    Why is that?

Doug

You must be mistaken, nobody typed a word against chipmakers input. I think it will be respected.

EdIT........oops, never mind. Back to the OP please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver